+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2013 Applicants Join here

da1jonty

Feb 11, 2013
Well, I mailed my application off at Canada Post this afternoon, here in Vancouver. I missed the Priority Express deadline of 4pm, but I went with it anyway, so hopefully it'll get to Sydney NS before end of the week.

The only thing I'm currently a bit worried about, is that of all my support documentation, I have one (1) document that would likely be considered by CIC to be "out of date", namely my UK Police Certificate (3 months 12 days old as at time of mailing my application). My Australian Police Certificate is less than 3 months old, so its fine.

I didn't intend for the UK PCC to become more than 3 months old, but a number of circumstances and events led to my delaying the completion of my application (e.g. I was affected by the Calgary flood, got sick).

I'm still not sure what's my next best course of action is, given my 3 month 12 day old UK PCC... (see this thread)

Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

nickutis

Star Member
Jul 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013 July 8th
AOR Received.
2013 September 3rd
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
2014 February 20th
Med's Done....
2014 March 6th
LANDED..........
2014 May 29th
da1jonty said:
The only thing I'm currently a bit worried about, is that of all my support documentation, I have one (1) document that would likely be considered by CIC to be "out of date", namely my UK Police Certificate (3 months 12 days old as at time of mailing my application). My Australian Police Certificate is less than 3 months old, so its fine.

Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!
I was in similar situation like yours, I've ordered Police certificates too early before submitting application and I knew it gonna be 4 months old when I submit. After some thinking, I simply re-ordered same pcc , paid the fee again, just to fully comply with their requirements

kunalchheda

Jul 3, 2013
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hi All,
Just for everyone's information, applications reaching CIC on 4th June 2013 have started receiving AoR yesterday. We should start receiving ours from less than 30 days...
Good Luck everyone.

Paulie124

Jul 24, 2013
Hi All,

I am getting ready to send my app in, I just need help with one last thing. Under the Schedule 8: Economic Classes, were you have to input your work experience over the last 3 years. I went to college from 2010 to 2012 and then got my current full time permanent job. During college I worked two part-time jobs and one temporary full-time summer job. I know I have to put my current job in, but do you also have to put in part-time jobs or summer jobs?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hi All,

I am getting ready to send my app in, I just need help with one last thing. Under the Schedule 8: Economic Classes, were you have to input your work experience over the last 3 years. I went to college from 2010 to 2012 and then got my current full time permanent job. During college I worked two part-time jobs and one temporary full-time summer job. I know I have to put my current job in, but do you also have to put in part-time jobs or summer jobs?

Hello,
I am in same situation in which your are and i am also applying soon. So i called the immigration and had talk with the lawyer as well and both told me that in Schedule 8 form we have to include only the information about that Job on which basis your are apply under CEC. So means the job which you got after your studies as full-time. And for other job which you worked as Part-time or summer job those you have to include in personal history columns.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
Paulie124 said:
Hi All,

this is what the instruction guide listed below, so if your work experiance falls under Skill Type 0 ir Level A or B u must list it if it was completed during the past 3 yrs

Question 5 Write the details of your work experience in Canada.

List your occupations within the 3 years preceding the date your application is made starting with your current occupation. List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.

For each occupation listed, provide the following details:

the period of employment,
the appropriate NOC code and occupation description,
the name of your employer(s),
a description of your main duties, and
the number of hours you worked per week.

july13Applicant

Jul 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Request
27 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
10 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
3 April 2014
Just realized I forgot to write the address of my sister in the family information form, it was pending from a long time and than I just forgot. :(

will this be a problem?

JPMH_CEC_2013

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with file
I guess its not a big problem.You can do it once you get your AOR. Just send a new form with all the details.

july13Applicant

Jul 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Request
27 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
10 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
3 April 2014
JPMH_CEC_2013 said:
I guess its not a big problem.You can do it once you get your AOR. Just send a new form with all the details.
It would be great if that's the case. I just don't want to loose time by resubmitting everything. Hope it works out, thanks a lot.

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Do you think it is a good idea to have a FSW application i parallel to CEC?
I filed my CEC on June 27th, was wondering if I need to start FSW application, as this year FSW programme will be faster and open to many professions.

BCBuddy

Jul 26, 2013
Hi, I've just mailed my application...is anyone aware of the wait time between submission and receiving your aor? And does your aor change on the database a while before you receive the e-mail notification?

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Around 6-8 weeks after they receive your application. I didn't get your second query.
BCBuddy said:
Hi, I've just mailed my application...is anyone aware of the wait time between submission and receiving your aor? And does your aor change on the database a while before you receive the e-mail notification?

BCBuddy

Jul 26, 2013
My situation is:

Applied for cec:June but my application was sent back due to a missing form for my partner.

Resubmitted cec app: 16th July
Reapplied for work permit extension: 22nd July
Work permit expires: 24th July

I fear I will be refused the bowp because I will not receive the aor in time. Therefore I will have to stop working, and wait for my aor whilst I submit a restoration of work permit application. Does anyone know how long it takes to process the restoration application?

I realize that 90 days after the 24th July I will need to leave canada, but can I re-enter as a visitor at this time at the port of entry as my partners visa does not expire until January 2014. This is extremely complicated, but due to e celpip wait times and cec one-year of work experience change, everything was a rush to submitting the applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Does anyone have any idea as to when we should be starting to get out AORs?

When I see the chart, i see that for mostly all of us (July applicants) over 20 days have elapsed. I know it usually takes around a month - a month and a half, but there have been exceptions.

Please advice.

nickutis

Star Member
Jul 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013 July 8th
AOR Received.
2013 September 3rd
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
2014 February 20th
Med's Done....
2014 March 6th
LANDED..........
2014 May 29th
Cruiser55 said:
Does anyone have any idea as to when we should be starting to get out AORs?

When I see the chart, i see that for mostly all of us (July applicants) over 20 days have elapsed. I know it usually takes around a month - a month and a half, but there have been exceptions.

Please advice.
Applicants from early June are receiving AOR's now, so we should expect ours late August