Maxx07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats :) keep us updated about ur landing....

Montrealappl said:
Just received Passport and CoPR in mail....... :) Planning to land soon by flagpoling in Niagara or Peace Bridge

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Montrealappl said:
Just received Passport and CoPR in mail....... :) Planning to land soon by flagpoling in Niagara or Peace Bridge
Congrats Montrealappl

leakhena

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
20-02-2014 PCC
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
28/05/2014
VISA ISSUED...
04/06/2014
LANDED..........
11/06/2014
Congrats! I am happy for you! Montreal.

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
Montrealappl said:
Way to go Montrealappl congratz. Let us how if landing also feels like delivering a baby just like you said the day you received ppr lol :p

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Sam1985 said:
I have a question Can someone please help me:
As I applied for CEC from within Canada so do I still have to do Landing. I mean I have to go out of Canada to get my paper work done.
I am wondering how I m going to do that because I don't have USA visa so they will not allow me to enter buffalo.

can someone please answer. thanks
I think most of us are in the same situation as you i.e. applied for CEC from within Canada. You don't actually need a US visa, you can use this process called "Flagpoling", where you head to a US/Canada border and tell them that you'll be doing your landing at the Canadian border, or simply tell them that you want to "flagpole" (seniors, please confirm if it's okay to use this term). They'll know exactly what you're talking about and hand you a white/orange sheet of paper called "Administrative Refusal", and allow you to turn around and return to the happy Canadian side. There you tell the officer about your landing (show your CoPR, Passport and what not, along with the admin refusal from the States), and you should be able to do your landing without a US visa.

Check out this awesome guide that talks more about Flagpoling (kudos to ThreeSquareImm for putting it together!):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoling-a-guide-for-canadian-workers-t142161.0.html

StuCan1

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
razerblade said:
I think most of us are in the same situation as you i.e. applied for CEC from within Canada. You don't actually need a US visa, you can use this process called "Flagpoling", where you head to a US/Canada border and tell them that you'll be doing your landing at the Canadian border, or simply tell them that you want to "flagpole" (seniors, please confirm if it's okay to use this term). They'll know exactly what you're talking about and hand you a white/orange sheet of paper called "Administrative Refusal", and allow you to turn around and return to the happy Canadian side. There you tell the officer about your landing (show your CoPR, Passport and what not, along with the admin refusal from the States), and you should be able to do your landing without a US visa.

Check out this awesome guide that talks more about Flagpoling (kudos to ThreeSquareImm for putting it together!):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoling-a-guide-for-canadian-workers-t142161.0.html
I have done this process 2 times for my work permit renewals (down at Niaraga), I was also successful simply telling the US officer I needed a letter of refusal because I was completing my entry into Canada under a new work permit. I got a while paper that was called an "Administrative Refusal" (you are right) and completed me reentry into Canada easily and without issues.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
StuCan1 said:
I have done this process 2 times for my work permit renewals (down at Niaraga), I was also successful simply telling the US officer I needed a letter of refusal because I was completing my entry into Canada under a new work permit. I got a while paper that was called an "Administrative Refusal" (you are right) and completed me reentry into Canada easily and without issues.
Thanks for the confirmation, StuCan1

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
Hi GUys,

MR Received on 22nd Feb, NO ECAS status change,NO RPRF yet. ECAS is still application received . Anyone in similar situation? Though my medicals are under review due to chest x ray report. I was under the impression that RPRF is proportional to Eligibility and that should come post MR in spite of medicals under review. ECAS is not showing medicals received yet but when asked from CPC got a reply for confirmation of receipt of medicals stating this currently reviewed by their medical department. Any suggestions guys?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
stalintouch said:
Got FBI certificate request it sucks. Does anybody knows how long is taking after you submit the request??
Hey stalintouch, did you get this request after paying RPRF ?

I read somewhere on this forum, it takes 4-6 weeks.

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
razerblade said:
Hey stalintouch, did you get this request after paying RPRF ?

I read somewhere on this forum, it takes 4-6 weeks.
Yes I did as a matter of fact right after paying the RPRF.
Thank Razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
bmp7519 said:
Hi GUys,

MR Received on 22nd Feb, NO ECAS status change,NO RPRF yet. ECAS is still application received . Anyone in similar situation? Though my medicals are under review due to chest x ray report. I was under the impression that RPRF is proportional to Eligibility and that should come post MR in spite of medicals under review. ECAS is not showing medicals received yet but when asked from CPC got a reply for confirmation of receipt of medicals stating this currently reviewed by their medical department. Any suggestions guys?
Hi bmp7519, if the medicals are under review, then only option is to wait and see if CIC requests for more tests.

I too believe that RPRF is proportional to Eligibility; even the RPRF email says that the application has been found "eligible" for CEC. But, don't worry, I believe there are other July applicants who are also waiting for their RPRF, some of them applied in early July. You should expect the RPRF any day now.

Good luck!

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
Thanks Razerblade. Am worried as my ECAS hasn't moved to " IN Process " as well.

On another note:

First chest x ray shows abnormality in left lung and 2 x ray( after doctor called for another x ray) shows completely normal.. Not sure what will happen.