Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2011
It is interesting to watch this space with so many theories going on. Well I prefer sticking to the only advice my Immigration Lawyer gave me "Wait". So possibly I can echo that to others here. 8)

Ravi_07

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
AOR Received.
[move][color=red]PER : 12-01-2012[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
8 Bands (original sent with application)
File Transfer...
[move][color=purple]AOR : 08-02-2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
05-10-2014 [IMG]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/vwvvww/MSN%20Avatars/agent.png[/IMG]
grimreaper said:
BTW.. u were missing all these days? where were u? Even cow is not to be seen..
I was a silent observer
Nd some quiz contest was going on over here............
Cow i also think is being an observer for the moment as he was last active few hours ago but did not post any comment

pr_moon_moon

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recvd by CIO on 6th Jul'11
AOR Received.
1st AOR (PER) recd on 21st Sep'11
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR (from VO) recd on 6th Jan'12
BinLaden said:
It is interesting to watch this space with so many theories going on. Well I prefer sticking to the only advice my Immigration Lawyer gave me "Wait". So possibly I can echo that to others here. 8)
Well, how much you paid for him to say 'wait'. Forum is a great tool to be in touch with latest updates and for getting suggestions from seniors and even for making predictions, which will finally imrove knowledge on immigration process.

Ravi_07

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
05-10-2014 [IMG]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/vwvvww/MSN%20Avatars/agent.png[/IMG]
BinLaden said:
i thought u were dead..........

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Big O said:
Probably because of weekends as they receive applications 7 days a week (or they get those received on the weekend delivered to them next working day) but they open and check applications 5 days a week; 4 weeks per month = 8 days of delay each month i.e. 17+8= 25 + 5 days being lazy (I guess)?????? way too many questions to answer... I give up, better to just wait for the PER...
good one... they don't understand that their lazy days are causing many sleepless nights for the applicants..

BinLaden

Aug 4, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2011
angel.got.69 said:
Furthermore based on the update OP6 - completeness check as per R10:

•required forms, including a signed and completed IMM 0008E GEN containing the name, birth
date, address, nationality, marital status and current immigration status of the applicant and
all family members (whether accompanying or not), and identifying the principal applicant,
properly completed Schedule 1's for the principal applicant, his or her spouse or common-law
partner and all dependent children aged 18 and older listed on the IMM 0008, as well as a
properly completed Schedule 3 for the principal applicant;
• the results of the principal applicant's English or French language test from a designated
testing agency (see section 12.6)
evidence of payment of the applicable fees (please see Section 5.4 for more information on (note: it only asked for evidence of payment)
fees);
• the visa, permit or authorization being applied for;
• the class in which the application is made;
• the Use of a Representative form, if appropriate;
• a signed statement to the effect that the information provided is complete and accurate;
• any information and documents that may be required by the Act and Regulations.

the next step would be the assessment:

The CIO will assess the applicant's submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility
under the MI issued on June 26, 2010. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all
the criteria described in the MI. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be
informed. Once processing has begun, the cost recovery fee is no longer refundable.

The statement in bold text are the one that I am most concerned of.... why will you charge a CC/BD even if it is complete but would not at least meet the minimum criteria and then file a refund request for the applicant?

Evidence to consider when making the final determination of eligibility for processing
Review the application and determine whether it meets all the criteria of the MI. For an application
to be considered for processing under these Instructions, the applicant, on the date of application,
must:
• have experience in the last ten years under one or more (see note below) of the National
Occupation Classification (NOC) codes specified in the MI, and the application does not
exceed the maximum of 20,000 new, complete applications per year with no more than 1,000
applications of this maximum in any one NOC category;
or
• have an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) consistent with requirements of subsection
R82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Next step: when the application is in process

Officers will review the application in detail, considering all the information and documentation
provided, and assess it against the following minimal requirements and selection criteria for
FSWs.

So? this means that even the eligibility review has a lot of stages/steps to follow that we can not say on when and at what specific portion of the entire process they charge your payments. my logical hunch is at the preliminary review to avoid refund process, why? Imagine a BD, first was purchased using local currency converted to CAD. Refund would be in CAD. you can not simply encash the refund check as it is a crossed check and since it is in CAD you have to open a Dollar account for it. CC refund is also tedious depending on the financial institution. Based on my personal experience we have a system that process refund request for CC charged, first that charges may be considered as pending but the transaction already went thru, or it was already drawn into the account of the payee. the financial institution must request the auth code in order to process the refund. The hell with this financial institutions, I had customers who would even wait for months just to receive a credit back on their accounts, so I would have to call the financial institution, provide them all codes and everything and again wait for the next billing cycle.

This is the reality applicants would have to face that is why CIC have to be cautious in charging fee payments.
To an extent what you said is true based on my last years experience. But I guess the biggest surprise element could be opening up of another quota of 500 in November/ December. Though odd against are 80:20

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED: 20 SEP 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band 8)
Med's Request
Nov 23 2011, via snail mail.
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
BinLaden said:
This is exactly what we are doing, we are killing time here.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Ravi_07 said:
I was a silent observer
Nd some quiz contest was going on over here............
Cow i also think is being an observer for the moment as he was last active few hours ago but did not post any comment
OK.. good to know that... until we know our status finally, we have to spend time running all the quizzes..

BinLaden

Aug 4, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2011
pr_moon_moon said:
Well, how much you paid for him to say 'wait'. Forum is a great tool to be in touch with latest updates and for getting suggestions from seniors and even for making predictions, which will finally imrove knowledge on immigration process.
GBP700 to be precise !

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
shijoal said:
hi friends,
can anyone say about the call from v o to employer? what will they enquire?

pls any body senior can share their experiance?

shijoal
Basicaly they will enquire first if the person who signed the paper is authorised to do so as anyone can get a company letter head and stamp and prepare a document; second they will ask about the information regarding the applicant.

I hope this helps,

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
imcomingcanada said:
Hey Guys,

My app. reached NS, CIC's office on 13th July'11, when do you think my BD can get encashed. As I got my BD made from a Government bank in India (although they were very fast in processing the same in 1/2 hours time), but now they are reluctant to check whether the BD has got encashed yet or not. I confirmed the process from one of my friends who work for a bank, as per him, bank's park this money in their NOSTRO accounts and it is only their foreign trade head office who can check the NOSTRO account and can confirm about the BD encashment. What about other guys who have sent their app. with a BD as processing fee !! Has anyone confirmed from their bank as yet. Is there any applicant whose app. reached CIC on 13th July and has reported that his BD or CC has been charged from 1122.

Please reply with whatever inputs you have !!
Only applicants who's applications were received on or before the 7th are being encashed right now and moving slowly as the days go by. If i had to make a guess, I would say that your BD will be encashed on the 18th or 19th August.

Ravi_07

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
grimreaper said:
OK.. good to know that... until we know our status finally, we have to spend time running all the quizzes..
After the cap closes (probably next week)
Nd if any cc/bd charged afterwards under 1122.
Then everything will b clear

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
angel.got.69 said:
Again I won't argue with this as everything seems to based on speculations. I am not saying that I am right on this, my simple point on my statement is this. If CIC will make a move to charge all applications deemed complete in form (proper filling of forms, proper documentation ONLY) thru the receiver general, then cc/bd charging must be done on daily basis, base on the spreadsheet it is not. second imagine a simple scenario that CIC officers and employees will simply think like a robot and determine that an application is complete and ready for eligibility review and must be charged soon without looking into the factual basis of the documentation (not even falling under the minimal categories of FSW), it is a reflection of a haphazardly process. It was also mentioned in the process that "Before placing the application into processing, review the information on the file and determine whether it meets the criteria in the Ministerial Instructions." this portion of the entire process is what makes CC/BD charging slow. It is not a matter of how complete your application is, it determines the quality and veracity of the submitted application before it is charged.

I do acknowledge your concern, probably to make things easier for all of us it would be best to wait for 6 weeks, email CIC and inquire about the status of your application whether your were charged or not. the back office of CIC is very efficient in answering queries since I had experience communicating with them even filling complaints against the previous eligibilty tool which does not recognize NOC 1122 at that time.
Please ask them on what basis do they encash DD/CC! Thanks,