+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

joint account proof of funds

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
CIC explicitly allows you to upload an LOE (Letter of Explanation). This is a valid workaround in the same vein.
This.

In your situation, whether you decide to use your joint account, or transfer funds to a sole account, you'll most probably still need a declaration from your wife.

Why are you trying to complicate the issue?

You have a joint account with your wife who will be immigrating with you. Where is the problem? IMO, you may be overthinking this.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
Declaration is a legal document while LOE is nothing more than just an average cover letter.
Why does your wife not want to provide a declaration?

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Lammawitch said:
This.

In your situation, whether you decide to use your joint account, or transfer funds to a sole account, you'll most probably still need a declaration from your wife.

Why are you trying to complicate the issue?

You have a joint account with your wife who will be immigrating with you. Where is the problem? IMO, you may be overthinking this.
Maybe you're right. Anyway even if I transfer required amount to my sole account, I'll have enough funds on both accounts separately. Just a bit concerned about the transfer few weeks prior to documents submission.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
Maybe you're right. Anyway even if I transfer required amount to my sole account, I'll have enough funds on both accounts separately. Just a bit concerned about the transfer few weeks prior to documents submission.
So you'll need a declaration anyway to justify that.

You are, IMO, overthinking... ;)

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Why does your wife not want to provide a declaration?
It's not a problem to write a declaration. However it sounds weird to accept someone to use his/her own funds. Another thing is there's nothing said about declarations on CIC website.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
It's not a problem to write a declaration. However it sounds weird to accept someone to use his/her own funds. Another thing is there's nothing said about declarations on CIC website.
No, there's nothing specific said on the website. However, if you do a search of this forum & others, you will find a plethora of examples where the declaration has been requested/required. Does it not make sense to you to "just do it"?

I immigrated a lifetime ago as FSW/QSW. My POF was in a joint account. Declaration from my spouse was required.

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Lammawitch said:
No, there's nothing specific said on the website. However, if you do a search of this forum & others, you will find a plethora of examples where the declaration has been requested/required. Does it not make sense to you to "just do it"?

I immigrated a lifetime ago as FSW/QSW. My POF was in a joint account. Declaration from my spouse was required.
Well, if enough just to show a declaration- than it's brilliant

pleaseverify

Mar 24, 2016
I have a question regarding joint account, is there a format for letter of declaration from your partner if you are gonna use the joint account as POF? Or are there any format of letter explaining the transfer of funds from joint account to sole account? thank you in advance .