+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title Remote-Canada, company office location in Montreal, I am in Ontario, EE possible?

Krista_J

Jul 26, 2020
Hello Dear Community,

I hope everyone doing good in this pandemic situation. I need some advice from all of you who had this kind of scenario before and successfully get PR via Express Entry(EE) or CEC.
Currently, I am working in Montreal based office and I finished my one year of job on open work permit. (08 months paid internship on open work permit & then full time)

I know Quebec follows a different set of rules for PR and all. So I want to file my PR through EE or CEC. So if my company provided me Remote-Canada job title and while I am living in Ontario, Am I eligible for EE or CEC??

If yes, what documents I need to submit for proof of Residency in Ontario??

Thank You
Krista

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
To be eligible for EE your intent must be to leave Quebec. Continuing to have a job in Quebec does not really support that intent. They will want to see evidence of you applying for a new job in Ontario.

Reactions: Krista_J

Krista_J

Jul 26, 2020
If you want this to work you will need to move to Ontario and get settled there before applying. Otherwise they will assume you intend to remain in Quebec and refuse your application.
Ok, So you mean below:
if my current employer give me Remote-Canada in job title first, then I will move to Ontario and then I will create a file for EE. Does it will work?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
It can go both ways if you apply from Montreal... If you do, just be prepared on your plan to leave Quebec since day 1 and have every single documentation you can get to prove your future exit. As suggested before, if you can apply once you're settled outside Quebec chances are much better.

BTW if your internship was done while you were a student by any chance, keep in mind that experience does not qualify for CEC.

Krista_J

Jul 26, 2020
It can go both ways if you apply from Montreal... If you do, just be prepared on your plan to leave Quebec since day 1 and have every single documentation you can get to prove your future exit. As suggested before, if you can apply once you're settled outside Quebec chances are much better.

BTW if your internship was done while you were a student by any chance, keep in mind that experience does not qualify for CEC.
thanks for the info, I had done my paid internship on an open work permit (after graduation on open work-permit), So do you know it is countable for CEC or EE?