+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Reference Letter

marat69

Jan 21, 2016
Hello All,

I've got Job reference letter from my previous organizations but two of them have refused to put the Salary details. Things like Job responsibilities and number of hours worked, designation etc are listed. Please let me know if it'll be ok to upload such letters or do I need to create notarized letters ?

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
marat69 said:
Hello All,

I've got Job reference letter from my previous organizations but two of them have refused to put the Salary details. Things like Job responsibilities and number of hours worked, designation etc are listed. Please let me know if it'll be ok to upload such letters or do I need to create notarized letters ?
Upload payslips with the letters to prove your salary.

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
For my employer, there is a different case.
My employer, where i was working between 2007 to 2009 has shut shops. The employees are distributed through globe. I have an ex-colleague who is presently based in USA and is willing to provide me with reference letter.
Does this letter need to be notarized? He is working in Qualcomm and get reference printed on official letterhead. Would this work?

marat69

Jan 21, 2016
pocomonkey said:
Upload pay slips with the letters to prove your salary.
Thanks pocomonkey. You're sure about this? I have the payslips, maybe not all, but most of them including the increment letters.

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi,
Can anyone help with below as well?

sk179 said:
My employer, where i was working between 2007 to 2009 has shut shops. The employees are distributed through globe. I have an ex-colleague who is presently based in USA and is willing to provide me with reference letter.
Does this letter need to be notarized? He is working in Qualcomm and get reference printed on official letterhead. Would this work?

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
marat69 said:
Thanks pocomonkey. You're sure about this? I have the payslips, maybe not all, but most of them including the increment letters.
Sure. It's not uncommon for employers to refuse to confirm salary details. If you have this refusal in writing, include that too (so you can show that you tried to get letters that comply with the requirements). You can include a LOE in this section, explaining that your former employer(s) would not confirm your salary, but you are including payslips and the increment letters to verify it. As long as you have supporting evidence of your actual salary (and the letters do at least confirm employment dates, job title and duties, etc.) it should be fine.

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
sk179 said:
Hi,
Can anyone help with below as well?
I assume this is work you did in Canada (since you only need 3 years' foreign work experience for maximum points for FSW)? If it's not work you did in Canada, then just mention it in personal history (this way you don't need the employment letter).

However, if this was work you did in Canada, and this is the only evidence you can get, then I can't really see what else can you do. Do you have payslips/a copy of your employment contract, etc., that would support the letter? The more evidence the better.

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi pocomonkey,

Its actually not work done in Canada. Its done in Mauritius.

Would a simple employment letter, and relieving letter from the company be enough?

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sk179 said:
How come you could get Reference Letter for Job which company has shut down on Qualcomm Letter Head! This will raise Eye Brows for VO! I think you should get on Plain Paper! and attach all other details like Payslips, Contract Letter, Promotion Letter, etc

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Ok. Makes sense.

I can get a reference letter from ex-colleague on plain paper. Should i ask him for his salary slip or details as well (he would be ok to share it since its been few years).

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Why in world he should attach his salary details. He could just write on Plain Paper and tell that now he works for Qualcomm. he will anyhow list his contact details on Letter with email (here is free to even use Qualcomm ID which establish that guy is genuine)

Attach you payslips, contract letter, Income Tax Documents or any Employer Related Documents