Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
goyal.maninder said:
Hi,

My wife is the main applicant and she has received ~ 5yrs of employment reference letters in desired format from her past employers.

1) Do we need to get the Employment reference letters for spouse as well? I have received reference letter from only one employer ~ 3yrs. Should I get the notarized letter from my boss and submit other employment docs along with that?

2) Since my wife has got the required letters from her past employers, do we need to submit other documents such as appointment letter, salary stubs, relieving letter etc?

Really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks in advance!
MP
1) No, you do not require this as the main applicant has already got the reference. I have made an assumption that you aren't claiming points for your work ex. Only your wife is claiming points for her work ex

2) you could provide more details this will just build your case

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
does that mean there is no necessary requirement to show your current employer...as in my case i have just joined recently...2+months..

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sandyxe said:
does that mean there is no necessary requirement to show your current employer...as in my case i have just joined recently...2+months..
No

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
To sum up, here is my understanding of the discussion. Would appreciate if fellow members could share valuable advice on the following -

1. Out of the four job experiences i mentioned, i can show the following two jobs in order to score maximum points under the NOC that i'm applying for.
1. first company - 8 years
duration - JAN, 2006 - JAN, 2014
designation - senior software engineer

3. third company - 2 years and 2 months
duration - NOV, 2014 - DEC, 2016
designation - senior software developer

2. It is not mandatory to show continuous job experience when applying under a specific NOC while creating the Express Entry profile(pre ITA).

3. Where should I show my second and fourth(current) job experience during the process of applying(pre or post ITA) and how?

4. In case I have to show my remaining two jobs then will I have to produce a letter of reference/proofs for these two jobs as well?

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
- should i send bank statement showing salary transfer from my current employer?
- i have a social insurance paper from a previous company but my title on the paper is Electronics engineer while im applying as Electrical engineer, the experience letter says electrical engineer from that company. i also noticed that electronics/electrical engineers are the same NOC. so should i translate this paper and attach it as a supporting document? or would that be confusing?

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sandyxe said:
To sum up, here is my understanding of the discussion. Would appreciate if fellow members could share valuable advice on the following -

1. Out of the four job experiences i mentioned, i can show the following two jobs in order to score maximum points under the NOC that i'm applying for.
1. first company - 8 years
duration - JAN, 2006 - JAN, 2014
designation - senior software engineer

3. third company - 2 years and 2 months
duration - NOV, 2014 - DEC, 2016
designation - senior software developer

I think you are fine with these two jobs, but do mention others in Personal History

2. It is not mandatory to show continuous job experience when applying under a specific NOC while creating the Express Entry profile(pre ITA).

Nopes...

3. Where should I show my second and fourth(current) job experience during the process of applying(pre or post ITA) and how?

Goes in Personal Histort

4. In case I have to show my remaining two jobs then will I have to produce a letter of reference/proofs for these two jobs as well?

No

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hi Msudershan2, I have about 3.5 years of work experience out of which only 2 were continuous that lasted for one year. Details below :

First Job - 6 months
Second Job - 8 months
Third job - 1 year 2 months
Fourth job - 1 year

MY questions :

1. Do I qualify for full points in employment section under FSW express entry ? If not full then how many points will i score ?

2. Also, I have taken a break now to prepare for IELTS and immigration so will it effect if i am unemployed for a year while i apply for immigration?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mkcan said:
Hi Msudershan2, I have about 3.5 years of work experience out of which only 2 were continuous that lasted for one year. Details below :

First Job - 6 months
Second Job - 8 months
Fourth job - 1 year

MY questions :

1. Do I qualify for full points in employment section under FSW express entry ? If not full then how many points will i score ?

2. Also, I have taken a break now to prepare for IELTS and immigration so will it effect if i am unemployed for a year while i apply for immigration?
Being unemployed won't make any difference, but why do you need to take a year out of work to apply for immigration?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
I was anyway on a break while I started my research for immigration. Then started focusing on studying for IELTS. Hence, took the time off from work. Have to now to go to my university for attestations and then apply WES. Glad to know being unemployed wont affect my PR application.

Also, could you please tell me :

Do I qualify for full points in employment section under FSW express entry ? If not full then how many points will i score ? They ask for only one year of full time, paid, continuous work.. Here are my work details :

First Job - 6 months
Second Job - 8 months
Fourth job - 1 year

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkcan said:
I was anyway on a break while I started my research for immigration. Then started focusing on studying for IELTS. Hence, took the time off from work. Have to now to go to my university for attestations and then apply WES. Glad to know being unemployed wont affect my PR application.

Also, could you please tell me :

Do I qualify for full points in employment section under FSW express entry ? If not full then how many points will i score ? They ask for only one year of full time, paid, continuous work.. Here are my work details :

First Job - 6 months
Second Job - 8 months
Fourth job - 1 year
3 years of work experience assuming all those jobs are skilled (NOC 0/A/B)

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
3 years of work experience assuming all those jobs are skilled (NOC 0/A/B)
Yes, they were all in Online Marketing (Digital / Social Media Marketing) and i have studied MBA in Marketing so its related to my education and falls under NOC 0/A/B ...

so, will i get maximum points for work ex ?

Reactions: Rajneet walia

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I think others have given apt answers to you! Being unemployed will have no impact on your application. I didnt show my current job in Work history however, showed in personal history and yes you will get maximum points for 3 years work ex.....however while calculating Express Entry, 5 years get you the maximum points

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
goyal.maninder said:
1) Do we need to get the Employment reference letters for spouse as well? I have received reference letter from only one employer ~ 3yrs. Should I get the notarized letter from my boss and submit other employment docs along with that?
If it is listed on the profile, then yes, letters are expected.

However, spouses only gain points if the work experience is in Canada. If you have Canadian work experience, you should get the Letter(s) to keep the points.

If the work experience is outside of Canada, you can safely remove it from the profile (so that you won't be asked for Letter). If you get the ITA, then you must include it on your background history form, tho.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
msudershan2 said:
I think others have given apt answers to you! Being unemployed will have no impact on your application. I didnt show my current job in Work history however, showed in personal history and yes you will get maximum points for 3 years work ex.....however while calculating Express Entry, 5 years get you the maximum points
Yup, thanks!! 3 Years or 5 years need not be continuous right ? Can be in different organizations, right ?

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
mkcan said:
Yup, thanks!! 3 Years or 5 years need not be continuous right ? Can be in different organizations, right ?
Yes true but do remember your Primary NOC should have at least 1 year of work ex