+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job prospects in Canada

Apurva Singh

Mar 18, 2014
Hi All..i have 3+ years of work experience in the Digital Advertising industry in reputed agencies..i want to pursue a PG course in Advertising in Canada which is only offered in colleges..However, i have heard Universities are better in Canada..I have currently applied in Centennial and Humber..Can anyone please help and let me know if I have taken the right step and whether the job prospects are good? Would really appreciate any help..

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Apurva,

This is the CEC forum. You may want to ask this question in the international students forum.

As for job prospects in Canada, you need to understand that your experience from your home country doesn't really count here. Universities and colleges both have their advantages. If you want to study something specialized, I'd suggest applying to a college course. If you want to do your Masters, get a higher degree then apply at a University. It really depends on your career choice.

Hope this helps! Good luck. :)

Apurva Singh said:
Hi All..i have 3+ years of work experience in the Digital Advertising industry in reputed agencies..i want to pursue a PG course in Advertising in Canada which is only offered in colleges..However, i have heard Universities are better in Canada..I have currently applied in Centennial and Humber..Can anyone please help and let me know if I have taken the right step and whether the job prospects are good? Would really appreciate any help..

Apurva Singh

Mar 18, 2014
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. yes, i am looking for a specialized course in Advertising and Media which is only available at colleges like Centennia, Humber and Seneca. Which is the best college of these 3?

I was under the impression that sinc ei have extremely relevant work experience, the chances of me getting a job there are good :(

Thanks,
Apurva

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Apurva,

I do not know which college is the best. Please ask this question at the International Student Forum. Employers primarily look for Canadian work experience, but since you plan on studying here you should be fine (so long as you start networking early on and start connecting with prospective employers).

Again, please post this question in the International Students Forum. This is a CEC forum.

Thanks!

Apurva Singh said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. yes, i am looking for a specialized course in Advertising and Media which is only available at colleges like Centennia, Humber and Seneca. Which is the best college of these 3?

I was under the impression that sinc ei have extremely relevant work experience, the chances of me getting a job there are good :(

Thanks,
Apurva