+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job office location in a residential area - Is that a problem ??

Sidish

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
L-9/R-9/W-7/S-8
My previous one year job that’s making me eligible for FSW had its office in a residential area. It’s a startup company and a small office was setup in one of the rooms of the house.
My work experience and company - everything is legitimate, the company’s got a website as well since last 4 years.

I read somewhere that office location in a residential area might raise a suspect. Has anyone got the same situation with them ? Would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.

Reactions: Ylover207

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there was someone whose application got rejected for having his work place at a residential area.

You should look for such thread in this forum to avoid the mistakes the other applicant did.

Sidish

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
L-9/R-9/W-7/S-8
Yes, there was someone whose application got rejected for having his work place at a residential area.

You should look for such thread in this forum to avoid the mistakes the other applicant did.
That’s nerve-racking. I’m looking for related threads/posts, but haven’t been able to find much information regarding the same. Thanks !

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
In some countries it is illegal to run a business in a residential area, while in others it may not be. If your case belongs to the latter, maybe write a LoE and submit relevant documents as proof? It might worth a try unless you have other work experiences.

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
In some countries it is illegal to run a business in a residential area, while in others it may not be. If your case belongs to the latter, maybe write a LoE and submit relevant documents as proof? It might worth a try unless you have other work experiences.
Hi thanks’ for our answer
In fact in my country it is possible to open business in residential area as long as the business is not a factory or production business .
In my case it is an office . My boss is the owner and he is engineer. We used to make project analysis for government in the field of drinking water . I was administrative and financial responsible in that company .
The company is registered from long time in the same adress , on google search we can find the company’s details + name of my boss/owner but we do not have any website.

The place is a residence with 2 floors :
- ground floor where we have the company
- second floor where the owner has his living

I am planing to submit : reference letter + paystubs + bank statement showing salary from my company + social insurance showing the insurance that my employer is paying every month for me .

What other thing I can provide ?
Plz enlighten

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi thanks’ for our answer
In fact in my country it is possible to open business in residential area as long as the business is not a factory or production business .
In my case it is an office . My boss is the owner and he is engineer. We used to make project analysis for government in the field of drinking water . I was administrative and financial responsible in that company .
The company is registered from long time in the same adress , on google search we can find the company’s details + name of my boss/owner but we do not have any website.

The place is a residence with 2 floors :
- ground floor where we have the company
- second floor where the owner has his living

I am planing to submit : reference letter + paystubs + bank statement showing salary from my company + social insurance showing the insurance that my employer is paying every month for me .

What other thing I can provide ?
Plz enlighten
It's been a while since I applied and I'm not sure whether the requirements have changed. But if you can still submit a letter of explanation, you can always write something and include other supporting documents in the letter

Get reasonably creative -- for example, in addition to the written explanation, you could also include:
  • any relevant law in your country that proves the legality
  • any government-issued registration/license for your company
  • Photos of where your company locates and of the surroundings to show how the locals run business in the country
Btw, it's préférable to have the English/French version for the supporting documents so that you could avoid the hassle of getting them translated. Good luck!

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
It's been a while since I applied and I'm not sure whether the requirements have changed. But if you can still submit a letter of explanation, you can always write something and include other supporting documents in the letter

Get reasonably creative -- for example, in addition to the written explanation, you could also include:
  • any relevant law in your country that proves the legality
  • any government-issued registration/license for your company
  • Photos of where your company locates and of the surroundings to show how the locals run business in the country
Btw, it's préférable to have the English/French version for the supporting documents so that you could avoid the hassle of getting them translated. Good luck!
Thank so but i hunk I will’ not put loe from the initial submission into they ask for it . Who knows’ maybe they will not even ask about it.
I contacted one consultant yesterday and he said that since the company is not in canada Ircc do not check about those residential areas unless there’s is letting suspicious : company is not on internet + paiement is in cash