+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Description on Refferance letter

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
I am planning to apply for PR under CEC (NOC 2174) and find this discussion very helpful. I got a reference letter today from my manager. It mentions:

• Name of the company I worked for
    Duration of my employment
    Confirms its a full time job
    My duties

Its in company letter head and in footer have addresses (this company has offices in US, Canada, and France) and contact number.

But the letter does not mention where I worked and neither it mentions place of issue. Will this be a problem?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If it is not clear WHERE you worked, yes, it could be an issue.

Your letter also must include:
- your job title
- the number of hours you work per week (not simply "full time"),
- exact dates of employment (not just "duration")
- salary/wages and benefits

It should also have a date at the top of the letter indicating the date it was written.

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks jeson for the reply. I have some problems to address now. The letter does mention just "full time". And it does not mention WHERE I worked.

I have a question regarding salary / benefit: I was working in a Canadian comp (letter issued by manager of this company), while I am an employee of an Indian firm. So this letter does not mention salary. Although I have deputation letter issued by the Indian company which mentions about salary. I have salary stubs (in Canadian dollar) from the Indian company as well. Will that do?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bumbak said:
I have a question regarding salary / benefit: I was working in a Canadian comp (letter issued by manager of this company), while I am an employee of an Indian firm. So this letter does not mention salary. Although I have deputation letter issued by the Indian company which mentions about salary. I have salary stubs (in Canadian dollar) from the Indian company as well. Will that do?
Generally, in those situations, it is best to have 2 letters, one from your actual employer, and one from the client. You have the client letter, which is great! (OK, it needs work, but at least they're willing to give it to you). Importantly, the client letter has to describe the job duties, hours worked per week, etc - but since they don't pay you directly, they can't attest to your salary, which is why you also need the employer letter.

I would say, first, you need to *try* to get one from your employer. If for some reason you cannot get the employer letter, write a Letter of Explanation (why you cannot get it, provide evidence if you can, like an email where your company refused), and then include the deputation letter and paystubs...

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks again jeson!!! Your suggestions help me (probably others following the post) a lot preparing documents and do it correctly.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
bumbak said:
Thanks again jeson!!! Your suggestions help me (probably others following the post) a lot preparing documents and do it correctly.
yeah agree with jes_ON,
Just keep in mind that your Job Letter is the biggest thing on which Success/Failure of your application depends.
Just spend some more time to convince/explain your Managers/Company to issue you letter which satisfy you and CIC, Don't apply in rush.
Good Luck.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
bumbak said:
In addition show this to your Manager :

According to requirements they want:
Letters must be

· Written on company letterhead,
· Signed by responsible officer/supervisor,
· Have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,
· Show the company`s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses,
· Stamped with the company`s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all of the following information:

· The specific period of your employment with the company,
· The position you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
· Your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
· Your total annual salary plus benefits, (must include your salary)
· The number of hours worked per week. (must include your no of work hours per week)

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
@Jes_on
Hi , I have a letter stating that I was working full time basis but they dont mention work hours in their reference letter
and they have accepted this in their email communication as well.
My employer issues a letter in a standard format and is well known worldwide for a wide range of software developer services,
I hope my email communication with concerned HR manager should be sufficient to prove this point

Moreover I have around 4+ year experience and even if they consider me part time , I will have an equivalent 2 year full time work experience
I believe that should be fine and I am above 67 points even after reduction in work exp. points ?

Jes on and Senior guys , any help ??

jes_ON said:
If it is not clear WHERE you worked, yes, it could be an issue.

Your letter also must include:
- your job title
- the number of hours you work per week (not simply "full time"),
- exact dates of employment (not just "duration")
- salary/wages and benefits

It should also have a date at the top of the letter indicating the date it was written.

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
Hi all, I am deeply worried after I find out some cases are being rejected because of reference letter...I used NOC 2174 as well and I am worried about my job duties is not in full details...I have attached the letter below, it will be much appreciated, if you can take a look and let me know your thoughts, should I send a detailed letter or should I wait? Thanks!!!
To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to confirm that MYNAME is employed full time at MYCOMPANY as a Web

Programmer. He has worked here since June 1 2012. His total annual salary is $60,000 plus company

benefits, and he works approximately 40 hours per week.

He is an excellent employee for MYCOMPANY and has proven to be a skillful web programmer. He performed

all the assigned tasks with dedication and proficiency. I have also found MYNAME to be quite

dependable, reliable, hard-working and honest. He will be employed permanently upon receiving

permanent resident status.

His main responsibilities and duties are programming and maintenance for our myArcSSET/myHisTREE/

myEquipDATA web applications (using ASP.NET/C#/HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT/) as well as the backend

database (using SQL).

I am happy to provide further information if required.

Regards,

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
bickyii said:
For everyones information,
I got my application processed with Copied/Pasted job duties on my job letter.
I already did my Medicals & RPRF done.
Hi there,

Even my reference letters also contain copy/pasted job responsibilities and I have applied this year for 2174. Your case approval is a big relief for guys like me. Thanks for sharing your story.

Infact many people maintain that few cases have been rejected because of copy/paste thing but I haven't come across any such case sharing its story. So I am not sure whether it is just an hype created around copy/paste or something else.

Thanks again,
Monu

Krunal6584

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
Dear Friends,

One of my employer denied to give reference letter as they are not designing the job duties. They have given responsibility to consulting group call Haygroup to design. However they have given position description letter during my employment design by Hay group. I have below mention concerns.
1. Will it work as reference letter ?
2. Position description is not on letterhead of company as they have design by consulting firm. However, they have given front page on letterhead confirming that position description is design by others and attached with this letter. Will it be OK ?

Apart from this, below documents i am going to add.

1. Offer letter
2. Appointment letter
3. Probation letter
4. Confirmation letter
5. Increment letter
6. Salary certificate
7. Reliving letter &
8. Position description letter

In any of this letter, they did not mention about working hours. What we can do on this ?

I hope it will work.

Seniors, can you please share your experience ?

cjsinngh

Nov 27, 2016
bickyii said:
For everyones information,
I got my application processed with Copied/Pasted job duties on my job letter.
I already did my Medicals & RPRF done.

I know I am 5 year late to reply to this. but your post gives me satisfaction lol