+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Description on Refferance letter

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hi All,

I was wondering when I read about application rejecting because of reference letters.
My Manager wrote a very good reference letter for NOC 2174 but he messed up at one point. I gave him the CIC link for 2174 category and he copied and pasted all the responsibilities from 2174 category page on my Reference letter.
My question is, will it create any problem to have same responsibilities on reference latter as CIC job page.

Experienced people please elaborate.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bickyii said:
Hi All,

I was wondering when I read about application rejecting because of reference letters.
My Manager wrote a very good reference letter for NOC 2174 but he messed up at one point. I gave him the CIC link for 2174 category and he copied and pasted all the responsibilities from 2174 category page on my Reference letter.
My question is, will it create any problem to have same responsibilities on reference latter as CIC job page.

Experienced people please elaborate.
If it is a cut and paste job, excellent chance that the VO is not going to accept it. No VO is going to believe you actually did every responsibility in the NOC.

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
If you are lucky VO might call your superviosr to make it sure.... hope VO does so...

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Thanx for the answers, but that sounds weird though.

CIC page for NOC 2174 state following :

Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties:•Write, modify, integrate and test software code
•Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
•Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
•Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
•Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
•Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
•May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
•May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

But My Manager wrote following and that's what I do in my job. he didn't include last two.
•To maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
•To identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
•To prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
•To assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
•To assist in the development of logical and physical specifications

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
any updates on this issue????
should i consider sending an updated Job letter with just changed duties.
m really confused right now because my file is just about to open in 2-4 weeks..
Any Help.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Your manager simply copied/pasted the duties and added "to", so the VO is not likely to find it credible. You are supposed to ask your employer/Manager for a detailed description of your main duties(in their own words) and use that to find the appropriate NOC code, not the other way around.

My suggestion would be to get your duties written up, compare with those on NOC 2174 and if it still fits that code, send the updated letter. Also include an explanation. Hope it works out well for you.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
thanx for replying, but my point is with what else a software developer reponsabilties can match to.
this is exact what a developer is suppose to do and i do same stuff.

anyways my manager will write whatever i say but will they accept updated letter and disregard my previous job letter.
with what dates should i send them new letter. current dates or old ones.

Please Help, i dont want to waste another 10 months and lot of efforts if i can solve it by just sending a updated job letter.

Thanks in advance.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
bickyii said:
anyways my manager will write whatever i say but will they accept updated letter and disregard my previous job letter.
with what dates should i send them new letter. current dates or old ones.

Please Help, i dont want to waste another 10 months and lot of efforts if i can solve it by just sending a updated job letter.

Thanks in advance.
As per other posts, if you send something updated, they do not simply disregard it. If you send two letters with different duties that contradict each other, this will arouse suspicion and could lead to rejection.

I honestly think you're a bit between a rock and a hard place now. Your initial letter is copied and pasted, which will be difficult for the VO to assess (as it will not appear genuine). Sending an updated letter may contradict what you initially sent.

I would consult a lawyer with experience in a similar situation as I'm not sure what the best approach is. I agree in theory to SenoritaBella's suggestion (send an updated letter with the duties that is originally written), but I'm not sure how this will affect your application having two letters that differ.

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
I got rejected when I sent a new job letter that added duties that were not there in the previous letter. BE careful of that, your first letter will still be reviewed and compared to the second

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-due-to-sending-updated-job-letter-after-applying-t142951.0.html

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Sorry to hear that Mel P.

Did you write different NOC codes on both letters or they just found out by themselves.

My manager actually wrote NOC 2174 in the letter too, and i think its going to screw up things more.
probably they are suppose to find NOC by themselves instead of telling them. I am really pissed off right now.

If i see MeL P case i shouldnt send updated letter.

Do anyone know any person who copied/pasted duties and get thier application passed. I am pretty sure there are lot of Managers/Employers which may do this.

prashjcha

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
Hi bickii,

Congratulations. Good to know that your application was processed successfully without any problems. I am also under the same NOC 2174. I am planning to apply for CEC on my own without any immigration representatives help (They are charging $1500 for assistance).

I was confused about the format of the sample letter. Can you shed some light on the format of your reference. If so that would be really helpful.

I would really appreciate if any one else can give me a sample of reference letter.

Thanks.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashjcha said:
Hi bickii,

Congratulations. Good to know that your application was processed successfully without any problems. I am also under the same NOC 2174. I am planning to apply for CEC on my own without any immigration representatives help (They are charging $1500 for assistance).

I was confused about the format of the sample letter. Can you shed some light on the format of your reference. If so that would be really helpful.

I would really appreciate if any one else can give me a sample of reference letter.

Thanks.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Re: Employment Verification and Technical reference for Su

I am pleased to confirm that Mr. Su worked at Anu Consultancy Services (registered as 5676667 CANADA LTD) full-time as a Web Designer from May 3, 2012 to Dec 31 2012. His annual salary was $39,000 per annum and he worked 40 hours a week. He also earned commission on top of his salary. While with us, he was entitled to two-weeks paid holidays a year, all statutory holidays and 6 days of paid sick leave.

As Web Designer, his key roles and responsibilities included:

• interacting with clients and company management to assess client requirements;
• developing new web applications to meet client requirements through packaged and customised applications;
• creating mock-ups, wire frames and working HTML prototypes for client-related projects;
• creating and editing images and graphics for website use;
• complete testing of Web applications;
• developing website architecture and functionalities including content development;
• maintaining and enhancing existing Web applications and all internal systems;
• conducting all user acceptances testing, and reporting results;
• resolving technical issues through debugging, research and investigation;
• designing and implementing user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use;
• developing database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing;
• developing external Web portals to allow users to input and retrieve accurate information; and
• providing application training to clients as required.

If you have any further questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact myself.

amar31282

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-06-2013
IELTS Request
17-06-2013
bickyii said:
For everyones information,
I got my application processed with Copied/Pasted job duties on my job letter.
I already did my Medicals & RPRF done.
You made my day bickyii

Good to know that they accepted copy pasted duties.

Can you please PR me your email address. I would like to talk to you in person.

Nirmal

May 28, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05--2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Don't worry Amar! Your job duties are fine - my consultant's General Manager verified it (of course not CIC) :D

amar31282 said:
You made my day bickyii

Good to know that they accepted copy pasted duties.

Can you please PR me your email address. I would like to talk to you in person.