+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job bank

JournalMN

Jan 7, 2021
Job Bank has this clause at the end of each job posting:
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.

What does it mean exactly? If I am outside of Canada, about to enter the express entry pool, but thinking it would be a good idea to apply for jobs and hopefully get a job offer in order to get more points, can I apply? Will I be considered for the job? My thought is, if they advertise on Job Bank then their intended audience will be people looking to move to Canada but most likely outside of Canada, am I wrong?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Job Bank has this clause at the end of each job posting:
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.

What does it mean exactly? If I am outside of Canada, about to enter the express entry pool, but thinking it would be a good idea to apply for jobs and hopefully get a job offer in order to get more points, can I apply? Will I be considered for the job? My thought is, if they advertise on Job Bank then their intended audience will be people looking to move to Canada but most likely outside of Canada, am I wrong?
Even people inside Canada can apply through job bank. Legally, you can apply through job bank from outside Canada. Unless you have exotic skill set, it is highly unlikely to get job offer being outside Canada.

adamvf

Jun 22, 2021
I am also interested in a clear answer to this question. Can one apply to such jobs prior to having a PR? Otherwise, are there any jobs for which the "intended job posting audience" also includes people in the express entry pool?

Getting a job offer will not give you more points.
Why so? It gives you more point AND opens the possibility for PNP programs

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am also interested in a clear answer to this question. Can one apply to such jobs prior to having a PR? Otherwise, are there any jobs for which the "intended job posting audience" also includes people in the express entry pool?

Why so? It gives you more point AND opens the possibility for PNP programs
So you received ITA and waiting for PR? If not, you can apply but don’t expect responses.

A job offer doesn’t give you more points as your employer needs to pay $1k and file for a LMIA. The employer has to fill out paperwork and prove that a Canadian or PR could do the job, only you. Only then with a LMIA can you claim points for EE. It takes months to process and few employers go through the process,