+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January Draw Completed - Min Points 886

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
The draw is out. Congratulations to anyone who has received an ITA.
Commiserations for those who have not.

There are other considerations - PNP (read eligibility criteria for each province), Startup Visa, network for Canadian jobs, etc.

Good luck.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
886 less 600 equals to 286 only;

So only CEC and PNP candidates got in. People under FSW class cant score that low and still get job offer.

Lets see how much CEC can Canada take.

They will have to meet their annual immigrants intake targets I believe.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
desertfox said:

So only CEC and PNP candidates got in. People under FSW class cant score that low and still get job offer.

Why do you say only CEC and PNP candidates will get ITA? Only those people will get ITA who have offer of arranged employment and that could include candidates who are eligible for either of the immigration programs.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
desertfox said:

Even CEC people also will not get the ITS if they are LMIA exempt. I am not sure when they will come to 400 score as people with out LMIA mostly will reach their highest as 400+

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertfox said:

Where is that calculation coming from??

886 score means that the last person having 886 score had 600 (job offer/PNP) + 286 (profile points)
and definately, the above person falls under CEC category with a previous valid LMIA because the job portal and PNP EE stream from any of the provinces are yet to start..!!

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Nightrocker said:
Why do you say only CEC and PNP candidates will get ITA? Only those people will get ITA who have offer of arranged employment and that could include candidates who are eligible for either of the immigration programs.
Makolutus said:
Where is that calculation coming from??

886 score means that the last person having 886 score had 600 (job offer/PNP) + 286 (profile points)
and definately, the above person falls under CEC category with a previous valid LMIA because the job portal and PNP EE stream from any of the provinces are yet to start..!!
"Lets see how much CEC can Canada take."

the above line is sarcasm.

First draw was CEC dominated. But CIC wont be able to meet immigrant intake targets only with CEC and PNP.

If employers do not want to hire foreigners directly,scores will have to come down. But we all prefer the other way round.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
desertfox said:

First draw was CEC and PNP dominated. But CIC wont be able to meet immigrant intake targets only with CEC and PNP.
Doubtful there were many if any PNP, seeing as no prior nominations counted and I'm not sure if any of the new streams got nominations out within 1 month.

Can pretty much guarantee it was all CEC.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertfox said:

First draw was CEC and PNP dominated. But CIC wont be able to meet immigrant intake targets only with CEC and PNP.
Immigration Targets does not mean they are bound by any law to bring in the qouted no of immigrants.
We have to understand that 2015 is an Election year for Canada... and the Harper government will like to showcase the new express entry policy to the public as their new acheivement to secure the job market for citizens first..!!

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Brother,
If they do not meet immigrants intake targets, they do not meet their economic targets.

For Canada, that's the way it is for long.

See historical data, and you will realize that immigrant intakes are rising steadily.

So no way for them to not meet the targets.
Makolutus said:
Immigration Targets does not mean they are bound by any law to bring in the qouted no of immigrants.
We have to understand that 2015 is an Election year for Canada... and the Harper government will like to showcase the new express entry police to the public as their new acheivement to secure the job market for citizens first..!!

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertfox said:
Brother,
If they do not meet immigrants intake targets, they do not meet their economic targets.

For Canada, that's the way it is for long.

See historical data, and you will realize that immigrant intakes are rising steadily.

So no way for them to not meet the targets.
When you say Economic Targets, I think you are referring to the taxes, Higher the immigrants in the country, more the taxes they will get.
Now the Express Entry does the same thing, bringing in immigrants who have a job offer, so that they are guarenteed tax payer.
Not by bringing in an immigrant, without a job offer and then increasing pressure on the Canadian system (Free Health, Education etc..)

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertfox said:

No, I'm CEC without LMIA and I have 400+ only

clever

Dec 13, 2014
Makolutus said:
When you say Economic Targets, I think you are referring to the taxes, Higher the immigrants in the country, more the taxes they will get.
Now the Express Entry does the same thing, bringing in immigrants who have a job offer, so that they are guarenteed tax payer.
Not by bringing in an immigrant, without a job offer and then increasing pressure on the Canadian system (Free Health, Education etc..)
logical ::)