+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
How long after the status changes to "Take Oath of Citizenship" do you receive the letter, and do you get to choose if it's in person or online?
You should get it today or beginning of next week.

You can't choose in person or virtual, it is totally on officer scheduling

Reactions: AUG19

AUG2023

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
we got automatic reply from vancouver office any help please
(French will follow…)

Good day,

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You will NOT receive a response to your inquiry via this email.
A decision/response to your request or notification of submission will be added to your file in our system within 5 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Center for further information.

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide requested documentation or to provide a reasonable explanation for not being able to attend an online test, interview or ceremony ‎ ( with documentary evidence). Please ensure your email includes your full name, file number and UCI.

Any requests received other than those outlined above will be automatically deleted and not processed.

If you are experiencing technical issues before accessing the online test, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
For any specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form , call 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) or check the status of your application online at:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html .

We assure you that we are working diligently to ensure all applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19, our processing times have increased. We thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Today I received acknowlegement yhat my webform was submitted. I submitted it 3 days ago.. let's see if I will get an answer

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Hi, for those who had the initial test invite from Niagara Falls office and later got the application moved to Vancouver (or Calgary) -the ones whose LPP is stuck from March 12 or 13, have you received any new updates this week? Thanks.
@Almamy92 @cicuser

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
why do they call for interview after citizenship test? does every applicant get the interview?
Its to verify documents submitted and ask any specific questions related to application. Some people also get Oath at same time after the Interview.

sjy

Apr 2, 2017
Hi guys. Today, I did my virtual Oath Ceremony. I am happy and very proud to be a Canadian. Good Luck to everyone who is waiting. Hope you get it soon.
Congratulations!!!! Did you get to choose between virtual oath / in person oth? or was it assigned by them?

Mike131313

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Congratulations!!!! Did you get to choose between virtual oath / in person oth? or was it assigned by them?
Hi. They selected for me that the ceremony would be virtual. I think it is kinda random which type would happen for everyone. The agent behind the phone told me that they see which option is closest to you, and if a person lives in an area where the in-person ceremonies are too far away, they mostly select you a virtual one for that.

slochinexpert626

Oct 30, 2018
Received AOR today. They sent a follow up email about a Passport Gap in the past 5 years. Since we're US/ Canada, we had an enhanced driver's license to cross the border - we uploaded that on the original application. We resubmitted it in the link they sent and since there was no area to write an explanation we put it in the file name "Enhanced DRL instead of Passport."

This was the link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Been a while since checking in, we had additional info request due to a passport gap and wonder if that’s delaying anything.

Is there an email or number we can call to reach out if we sent the right info? It still says “your next steps: send us additional information” on my account even if we sent the info in right away. Kind of brushed it off that it’s still there but our application has moved on since then so wonder if we just have to wait. Will try reaching out to confirm.

Type: Online application
Application: 1 Adult
Total days of physical presence: 1425
Application sent: Jan 24, 2024
Delivered: Jan 24, 2024
AOR: Feb 1, 2024
Additional info requested and sent: Feb 1, 2024
Citizenship Test Request: March 11, 2024
Citizenship Test Completed: March 23, 2024
Citizenship Test updated in Portal as Completed:
March 26, 2024
LPP: April 23, 2024