+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Cancitizenapp2022

Star Member
Jan 2, 2022
I received and email from an immigration officer with a pdf attached that included the meeting link, date and time for my interview. It included instructions to submit your consent to a Microsoft teams interview that you need to email to them before your scheduled interview. It also may ask you to submit any additional documents they ask for.

I received this email first, then the tracker updated a couple of days later.

Subject line was: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement (your case number here)
Got it, my tracker updated on April 7th. no email yet. hopefully get it soon.

Thanks for all your help :)

Reactions: hello-world

hello-world

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
02-03-2018
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
29-12-2018
Hi guys, can anyone please guide what to expect in the interview? I have been scheduled for it but haven't received any email yet. I wonder why would one get invited for the interview and what type of questions etc. to expect? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Here's my recent interview experience

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2022-citizenship-applications.752874/post-10424263

Reactions: Shayna.hanzala

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi members,

There is still no update on my application.

I tried contacting IRCC on the number I got on Google: 1-888-242-2100 on Monday at 9:30 am EST but, IVR said the customer service department is closed then!

Can anyone help me with a contact number I can use to call IRCC to check my application status? I am in Toronto.

Thank you.
It's a holiday for them today. Start trying from 8:00 am EST and if unsuccessful, retry. They might sometimes give you an option for callback, use that so that you don't have to wait for them. They will call you once they are free.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
My file is assigned to RC-8090 Sydney office. I hear once it’s assigned to this office, it takes forever. I have already crossed the 6 month mark from the citizenship test. Any insights on this and any one waiting with similar assignment. The primary office is still Scarborough.
Do you know why your application was assigned to RC-8090 Sydney? How did you find out that info? Thanks a lot.

hgspsd8

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Do you know why your application was assigned to RC-8090 Sydney? How did you find out that info? Thanks a lot.
My file is assigned to RC-8090 Sydney office. I hear once it’s assigned to this office, it takes forever. I have already crossed the 6 month mark from the citizenship test. Any insights on this and any one waiting with similar assignment. The primary office is still Scarborough.
My file is also assigned to RC-8090 office.
Timeline:
Test completed: December,2022
LPP Status: In progress

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
My file is also assigned to RC-8090 office.
Timeline:
Test completed: December,2022
LPP Status: In progress
I got my ATIP and through that I was able to find out that my file is assigned to Sydney office. Any clue how long it’s gonna sit there.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
@ sivabukka and hgspsd8

I have some questions for both. Are you both Scarborough office and by any chance did take citizenship test outside of Canada? Also, are you guys both over the 6 month mark? How long did it take you to request and receive ATIP notes? Thanks very much. Enjoy your evening.

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
@ sivabukka and hgspsd8

I have some questions for both. Are you both Scarborough office and by any chance did take citizenship test outside of Canada? Also, are you guys both over the 6 month mark? How long did it take you to request and receive ATIP notes? Thanks very much. Enjoy your evening.
Yes my primary office is Scarborough, i took the test from Poland and yeah i am over the 6 month mark from the test date. It took 20 days for me to receive my ATIP notes.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Yes my primary office is Scarborough, i took the test from Poland and yeah i am over the 6 month mark from the test date. It took 20 days for me to receive my ATIP notes.
Thanks for your reply. I had a friend whose office was Scarborough. Took the test abroad. His interview date came 6 months and 20 days after the test. His interview was on September 22 and his Oath was on October 31st. Yours should be around the corner than. Thank you so much. Hang in there.

Reactions: chanakyashah

sivabukka

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Thanks for your reply. I had a friend whose office was Scarborough. Took the test abroad. His interview date came 6 months and 20 days after the test. His interview was on September 22 and his Oath was on October 31st. Yours should be around the corner than. Thank you so much. Hang in there.
Thank you for the update. Hopefully my file falls in the timelines you mentioned. My employer has been chasing me for a while to join work in Poland.

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I am scared lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April.
Has anyone had the same event, please let me know?
What are the expected questions in the interview?
And when I try to open the link for interview doesn’t open I get this message :
“Something's wrong with the meeting or the link you're using to join it”

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hello everyone, I am scared lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April.
Has anyone had the same event, please let me know?
What are the expected questions in the interview?
And when I try to open the link for interview doesn’t open I get this message :
“Something's wrong with the meeting or the link you're using to join it”
If you look at this forum, you would be able to find recent examples. Please see below. They might ask some questions about your work and your responsibilities. Some questions about the physical presence calculator, etc. Have your documents that you submitted handy. The interview link should be the same as the test link. I don't think you can access it before. Someone who had their interview will fill you in.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2022-citizenship-applications.752874/post-10424263

Good luck.