+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 intake- SDS applicant

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please suggest me if I am late for Winter 2021 intake. Can I still get my visa approved on time to start my classes online/in-person starting second week of January, 2021.
I already have my LOA from Centennial College for Winter 2021 intake, and I will be applying by the next week as an SDS applicant.
Full tuition fee paid for the first year of my study.
Working on my GIC, and it should be done this week or early next week.
Have my IELTS scheduled this week, hoping to get more than 6.0 in each category.
Have my medical examination scheduled for next week as well.

I know that the vac`s are currently closed and I can`t give my biometrics until it opens.

Since my classes are online for the Winter 2021 semester, so I don`t necessarily have to travel to Canada and even if my visa is approved by January 1st or 2nd week, I can start my classes online and travel to Canada at a later date.

So my question is if I submit my complete SDS application by 25th of this month and lets say the vac`s open early next month, can I expect to get my visa approved on time.

ahmadzaryab

Jun 16, 2020
Apply
Hi everyone,

Please suggest me if I am late for Winter 2021 intake. Can I still get my visa approved on time to start my classes online/in-person starting second week of January, 2021.
I already have my LOA from Centennial College for Winter 2021 intake, and I will be applying by the next week as an SDS applicant.
Have my IELTS scheduled this week, hoping to get more than 6.0 in each category.

I know that the vac`s are currently closed and I can`t give my biometrics until it opens.

Since my classes are online for the Winter 2021 semester, so I don`t necessarily have to travel to Canada and even if my visa is approved by January 1st or 2nd week, I can start my classes online and travel to Canada at a later date.

So my question is if I submit my complete SDS application by 25th of this month and lets say the vac`s open early next month, can I expect to get my visa approved on time.
Right now sds applications are on hold. Idk the reason but since sep no approval. You should apply and defer if visa dont come before classes. It may take 4 to 6 month but trying is better than nothing.

faisik

Nov 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

Highly unlikely that you will get your visa before the classes start.
I applied in September and still haven't heard anything from them. A good idea would be to apply now and then defer to the next term if you do not get your visa till the start if the classes. If it is fall 2020 upload the new LoA, this way at least your application will be processed quicker than everyone else who will apply in the next term

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I received a final decision on my application yesterday. My application was refused saying “ I am not convinced that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay”.

My only question here is I did not even give my biometrics and my application was refused without biometrics. This is my first ever application to Canada for any visa and I have never given my biometrics in the past.

Does anyone know if this is common for an application to be refused without biometrics.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I received a final decision on my application yesterday. My application was refused saying “ I am not convinced that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay”.

My only question here is I did not even give my biometrics and my application was refused without biometrics. This is my first ever application to Canada for any visa and I have never given my biometrics in the past.

Does anyone know if this is common for an application to be refused without biometrics.
how come without biometrics?
did they update your medical atleast as passed?
when did u submit app. ?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
how come without biometrics?
did they update your medical atleast as passed?
when did u submit app. ?
Even I am not sure why it was refused without biometrics. Medical not updated yet.
Applied on December 12th, 2020.
Refused- December 30th, 2020
Reason- Not satisfied that I will leave Canada.

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

My classes are also online and I am still waiting for visa. I have applied on 30th September under sds category. Though my college said I can start classes while waiting for visa but they said if I get rejected before 30th April only then I will get full refund. I am confused what to do will I get visa before April?