Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
For January 2021 AORs when is the good time to order GCMS notes?

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
For January 2021 AORs when is the good time to order GCMS notes?
Wait 3-4 months after your AOR to give time to your application to move forward and eligibility to start. If you are not CEC, you might not see much progress over the next few months as only CEC are prioritised at the moment.

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
FSW Outland
ITA: 5 Nov 2020
AoR: 18 Jan 2021
MEP: 08 Feb 2021
Biometrics: 08 Feb 2021 (done previously)

At what stage is the Proof of funds checked? When do we know that our PoF is approved? Do we have to wait until the final decision or can we know before? Thanks a lot for sharing your information.
Your proof of funds will be reviewed during Eligibility as its part of the criteria for the EE program. Then you will still have to keep the funds available as you will have to have an updated Proof of funds when you move to Canada after your PR Has been approved.

Reactions: KOMARI

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Wait 3-4 months after your AOR to give time to your application to move forward and eligibility to start. If you are not CEC, you might not see much progress over the next few months as only CEC are prioritised at the moment.
Thanks a ton. I am FSW O UAE/INDIAN. Claimed sibling point although not over ambitious but yet hopeful the time line will be normal in this case as exempted from travel restriction.

Reactions: MapleSyrupPoutine

Mayur2416

Jul 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2021
I am planning to go to nepal to give my biometrics. Is there a specific whatspp group or forum where I can raise my concerns.

Concern :
1. I received my appointment confirmation mail along with my appointment letter for biometrics on 9th Feb. Unfortunately, I didn't see the mail properly and there was this " confirm appointment" button on it which one needs to click. I did that today but, when I went to check my appointment details on vfs website it said no records found.

2. I am from Punjab and will be taking the covid test from my state 1 day prior to boarding my flight from Delhi, which is on 1st March. Will that be fine?
3. I will be going along with my wife as we have applied together. What other docs do I need to carry and is there any other thing that I need to be cognizant about before going.

Your genuine suggestions are appreciated.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
I am just trying to understand what purpose the biometrics will serve in this case. They are saying that application will be on hold for uncertain amount of time in future irrespective of whether you give biometrics or not.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
They use biometrics from criminality check purposes. It gets sent to various agencies including FCC (us, uk, NZ and AU) for possible matches.

grace2268

Jan 23, 2021
FSW-inland
AoR- 16th Jan 2021
MEP- 5th February 2021
GU- 6th February 2021 (don't know what this mean, maybe indicated the MEP update?)
BIL- done in the past, automatically updated

Mayur2416

Jul 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2021
I am just trying to understand what purpose the biometrics will serve in this case. They are saying that application will be on hold for uncertain amount of time in future irrespective of whether you give biometrics or not.
That's depressing. Do you have a legitimate article or news clip where they have stated that application will be on hold for UNCERTAIN amount of time. I would strongly recommend to not fall prey to such open ended speculations as they cause a lot of unneeded negativity.

Last edited:

Mayur2416

Jul 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2021
Thanks. It actually did. I have my appointment on 2nd March in Nepal. It is getting increasingly difficult to wait for vfs to open in India.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
That's depressing. Do you have a legitimate article or news clip where they have stated that application will be on hold for UNCERTAIN amount of time. I would strongly recommend to not fall prey to such open ended speculations as they cause a lot of unneeded negativity.
I agree with you; however, there are three reasons which strongly indicate that PR for outland applicants will mostly be neglected in 2021: 1) I have read different threads on this forum extensively and I haven't seen any PR (outland) getting approved after June last year. 2) Third wave of corona is coming as the PM just indicated yesterday which suggest that travel will be severely restricted for foreseeable future. 3) They just issued ITA to 27 thousand CEC candidates (mainly inland) and I am sure the reason they did it is to complete their target this year and they know that won't be possible by outland candidates.

canedapr987

Feb 21, 2021
Hello,
ITA 9th December 2020
AOR 24 January 2021
Medical passed 12 February 2021
No biometrics needed as I did one before.

My question is will cic automatically know that I did one before? , or will they ask me for a proof later that I did it before? , Till now they didn't ask me.
they will know. your biometric submission date and details would appear on your profile if they are able to find it with the UCI

Reactions: leviathan