+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Hussain53

Mar 3, 2020
Hello today I received my Gcms notes after about a month which is exactly the same as the earlier Gcms notes ordered in August which shows that the last update on my file was way back in may and after that there is no update what so ever is this normal? Anyone in the same situation?
My Aor is 2nd Jan 2020 and VO is ottawa.
@caipsnotes

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Hello today I received my Gcms notes after about a month which is exactly the same as the earlier Gcms notes ordered in August which shows that the last update on my file was way back in may and after that there is no update what so ever is this normal? Anyone in the same situation?
@caipsnotes
Are you inland or outland?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes
Hello @Hussain53 what stage is your application at? Page#2 under the Assessment section has a recap.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Assessment
Eligibility: Passed
security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
misrepresentation:
info sharing: complete
Other reqs:
final:
Thanks, that's good progress on your application. Your Eligibility is conclusively passed, most important stage! With Security being blank (redacted) it indicates that it's either underway or even completed. Most security checks are done within 1 month; longer up to 1 to 2 years if in enhanced screening and a number of factors play into like your country of origin, profession etc. (Security screening resources >> Manual and write up) You can send a web form and inquire about your Security screening status, if the answer you receive indicates that it is "valid" then it usually can be interpreted as it's passed.

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
@legalfalcon my primary office is centralized intake office and secondary office is Ottawa on my current gcms notes. Can you advise which is my current VO that is processing my application. What's the difference between primary and secondary visa offices?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon my primary office is centralized intake office and secondary office is Ottawa on my current gcms notes. Can you advise which is my current VO that is processing my application. What's the difference between primary and secondary visa offices?

All applications start at CIO then go to one of the many CPCs and then to the LVO.

If your secondary VO is CPR Ottawa then your application is being processed there.

The difference is that different offices have different roles.

Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

Reactions: Koopidz

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
All applications start at CIO then go to one of the many CPCs and then to the LVO.

If your secondary VO is CPR Ottawa then your application is being processed there.

The difference is that different offices have different roles.

Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.
Thank you @legalfalcon.

Hussain53

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks, that's good progress on your application. Your Eligibility is conclusively passed, most important stage! With Security being blank (redacted) it indicates that it's either underway or even completed. Most security checks are done within 1 month; longer up to 1 to 2 years if in enhanced screening and a number of factors play into like your country of origin, profession etc. (Security screening resources >> Manual and write up) You can send a web form and inquire about your Security screening status, if the answer you receive indicates that it is "valid" then it usually can be interpreted as it's passed.
Thanks for all the information I raised a webform 2 times both time got the following response:
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
what I dont understand is that if this was my progress in may so for the last 5 months no one has even opened my file?
I called them even couple of months back they said final decision is pending so i was a bit worried.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for all the information I raised a webform 2 times both time got the following response:
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
what I dont understand is that if this was my progress in may so for the last 5 months no one has even opened my file?
I called them even couple of months back they said final decision is pending so i was a bit worried.
Thanks for sharing, based on the response it looks like everything is done.

While valid does not mean passed, for most it can be interpreted so.

VALID means "For a document—legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC." Source

It can be an administrative delay that's holding up your application. At this point you can call and/or send a web form to check in with IRCC. Gcms/CBSA Notes wouldn't be of much help from here on. People do quote that requesting such notes can cause a "movement" in your application but that is not true. Requesting such notes will not affect the pace of processing or the outcome of the process.

Is there anything noteworthy in the "notes" section in the last few pages of the Gcms Notes that might shed some light on the situation?

Hussain53

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks for sharing, based on the response it looks like everything is done.

While valid does not mean passed, for most it can be interpreted so.

VALID means "For a document—legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC." Source

It can be an administrative delay that's holding up your application. At this point you can call and/or send a web form to check in with IRCC. Gcms/CBSA Notes wouldn't be of much help from here on. People do quote that requesting such notes can cause a "movement" in your application but that is not true. Requesting such notes will not affect the pace of processing or the outcome of the process.

Is there anything noteworthy in the "notes" section in the last few pages of the Gcms Notes that might shed some light Non the situation?
Notes 1 shows the following
text "officer review" integrated search-NAI file reviewed :eligibility passed. Criminality passed. All requirements met. File ready for approval.

aifarooq786

Aug 16, 2019
Hello everyone. I logged into my account today and noticed my status changed from "submitted" to "Application/profile updated".

Any idea what this change means ? Hopefully its a good sign as there has been no movement on my case since July.

Ordered GCMS notes on Sep 29 still waiting for those

Kaplan16

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone. I logged into my account today and noticed my status changed from "submitted" to "Application/profile updated".

Any idea what this change means ? Hopefully its a good sign as there has been no movement on my case since July.

Ordered GCMS notes on Sep 29 still waiting for those
@aifarooq786 Outland or Inland? PNP or FSW? what AOR?