+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi @pemyrie, just wanna ask, when you got BOWP approval, did you get a letter and your new work permit in the mail or they requested for your passport? Thank you
For BOWP, IRCC dont need your Passport. Once you get e-mail/notification that your Biometrics is valid (don't ask what does that mean) then that means BOWP eligibility is in process. After that within 2-3 days, BOWP will be marked as approved on your account. It will take 5-10 days to get original document.

Reactions: Airaelli02

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
For BOWP, IRCC dont need your Passport. Once you get e-mail/notification that your Biometrics is valid (don't ask what does that mean) then that means BOWP eligibility is in process. After that within 2-3 days, BOWP will be marked as approved on your account. It will take 5-10 days to get original document.
Thank you @GG12345 for your response. I received the biometrics correspondence letter today, and now, I'm expecting that I'll get the result next week. I'm a bit surprised because it's too early for the result, just submitted my bowp application in the first week of April.

Dinesh_1583

Jan 5, 2019
hi guys,

My AOR is 18 Jan
Medical passed on 3rd Feb

progress bar = 69% with 57 days left and still i havent seen any ghost update till now!

I've been trying to call IRCC but unable to get hold of any agent.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Same! but with different dates, I received GU yesterday 13/5 and no email. And today as well 14/5 with no email. I don't know if it's normal though..
Same here. I received GU1 on May 20 and GU2 on May 22 with no emails. And I noticed the background check changed.
1st changed to: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
2nd changed to: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Keep fingers crossed.

vincan97

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Same here. I received GU1 on May 20 and GU2 on May 22 with no emails. And I noticed the background check changed.
1st changed to: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
2nd changed to: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Keep fingers crossed.
FSW /PNP? AOR?

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
@Airaelli02 , I got the In Canada Approval letter in my portal but the physical permit was received in the mail 6 days later. They do not need your passport.
Thank you @pemyrie
I received the biometrics correspondence letter today, and now, I'm expecting that I'll get the result next week. I'm a bit surprised because it's too early for the result, just submitted my bowp application in the first week of April. Also, my medical hasn't been updated, I'm guessing that medical is not required for BOWP?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Thank you @pemyrie
I received the biometrics correspondence letter today, and now, I'm expecting that I'll get the result next week. I'm a bit surprised because it's too early for the result, just submitted my bowp application in the first week of April. Also, my medical hasn't been updated, I'm guessing that medical is not required for BOWP?
I think once your R10 checks are complete then you're approved for the bowp. Actually, I got the approval 2 days after the biometrics correspondence letter was updated on my profile. Approval came for me and spouse and 2 kids. It was a relief because I had so many ppl to provide the updated permits to. I know about implied status but nothing beats having the permit in hand. Happy times-by next week Tuesday the latest you should be good to go!

Reactions: Airaelli02

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
I think once your R10 checks are complete then you're approved for the bowp. Actually, I got the approval 2 days after the biometrics correspondence letter was updated on my profile. Approval came for me and spouse and 2 kids. It was a relief because I had so many ppl to provide the updated permits to. I know about implied status but nothing beats having the permit in hand. Happy times-by next week Tuesday the latest you should be good to go!
Thank you very much @pemyrie and congratulations!
Exactly! Better to have valid permit than to be in implied status. Based on the client support rep, my eligibility and criminality are already passed since end of April, and I guess that's the reason of the faster BOWP processing.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
hi guys,

My AOR is 18 Jan
Medical passed on 3rd Feb

progress bar = 69% with 57 days left and still i havent seen any ghost update till now!

I've been trying to call IRCC but unable to get hold of any agent.
Are you FSW-outland and where is your VO?

gia san

Feb 11, 2020
Hi, I applied with the help of a representative and I don’t have access to the email Id which he used in my application.. so can I raise a webform with my email Id( which is different than the email id in my application)?