+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
when i called cic on 22 oct, she said every things looks ok, its just a matter of time for the officer to give final approval. Jan 4 AOR. i Didn't get the remed request but i got it for my family and it reflected on 21 Oct as done. My med expires on 12 Nov.
How many days it takes from the remed to final email , Will i have very short time as my med expires in 15 days or the med can be extended.
Experts please opine. thanks

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hey millin,
Do you have anyone in Canada? The PR cards will come here only. You wild need them to travel back. Or your need PRTD to enter back.

Please be mindful it's very cold so carry heaviest jacket, muffler and good woodland kind of shoes. Or try landing in Vancouver side

Main point is getting your PR card and it takes about 2-3 weeks or more to get the cards...
Just want to point out that the time to receive the PR cards seems to be increasing at least in some cases. I landed Oct 2nd - there has been no movement. I was told it could take till mid November (6 weeks).

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
when i called cic on 22 oct, she said every things looks ok, its just a matter of time for the officer to give final approval. Jan 4 AOR. i Didn't get the remed request but i got it for my family and it reflected on 21 Oct as done. My med expires on 12 Nov.
How many days it takes from the remed to final email , Will i have very short time as my med expires in 15 days or the med can be extended.
Experts please opine. thanks
Your meds probably got extended. Otherwise, they would have requested yours when they asked for your dependents' meds.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Hi all. AOR Jan 17 here. The wait is frustrating considering that my file has been approved as of October 1st. I sent via webform on Oct. 16, for which I received confirmation of receipt on Oct. 22, renewed passports for myself and one dependent, as both are about to expire in the coming months. I really hope I receive ppr within October so we can land in December. Meds expiring on January 18, 2020. I should probably hope to receive request for remeds now rather than ppr.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Just want to point out that the time to receive the PR cards seems to be increasing at least in some cases. I landed Oct 2nd - there has been no movement. I was told it could take till mid November (6 weeks).
I did landing on 10 Oct, I had cards delivered to me on 17th.
That said, like everything else with CIC nothing is impossible. Anything can happen in any long timeframe.
Did you try adding the PR card application to your MyCIC account?

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hi guys. Does anyone know anyone whose medicals got extended from VO Ottawa?
I believe most of the guys who've had their medicals extended were CIO Sydney/London applicants.....Ottawa isn't usually that nice.
I have decided to proactively book my re-med for next month but if indeed Ottawa is known to extend medicals, then maybe I'll end up cancelling my booking. :D

Reactions: AKINYEMZY and Kshow

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I believe most of the guys who've had their medicals extended were CIO Sydney/London applicants.....Ottawa isn't usually that nice.
I have decided to proactively book my re-med for next month but if indeed Ottawa is known to extend medicals, then maybe I'll end up cancelling my booking. :D
My file was at CIO Sydney from start to end, today when i called for update on my passport, i also asked them whether my medical was extended, and was told no. So my medical still expires in two months with no sign of passport I mailed in 16 days ago.

Reactions: WunmiofLagos

atharva30

Aug 22, 2019
AOR: 15th Jan. VO: Ottawa.
Did remedical on 21st Oct 19

Reactions: WunmiofLagos

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I did landing on 10 Oct, I had cards delivered to me on 17th.
That said, like everything else with CIC nothing is impossible. Anything can happen in any long timeframe.
Did you try adding the PR card application to your MyCIC account?
I did add it to myCIC account - and there's no movement. Maybe it was faster because you were inland? The last time I was in Canada was well over 2 decades ago :)

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
So I got a response from the web form I raised last week. Although it was a generic response the only change from my August inquiry is that the background verification was not initiated in August and now they say that the background verification is in process.

Does this mean they are checking my eligibility? It would be great if someone can provide an insight on what this means.

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
So I got a response from the web form I raised last week. Although it was a generic response the only change from my August inquiry is that the background verification was not initiated in August and now they say that the background verification is in process.

Does this mean they are checking my eligibility? It would be great if someone can provide an insight on what this means.
Background check likely implies security, which is usually initiated after eligibility is cleared :) Don't take my word for it, but your eligibility is probably passed. Best way to check would be to call them..

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
Background check likely implies security, which is usually initiated after eligibility is cleared :) Don't take my word for it, but your eligibility is probably passed. Best way to check would be to call them..
Thanks for the response. I really wish what you are saying is true. But they also mentioned that the security background verification has not been initiated, which confused me. I would wait for a couple of days and call them to check whats happening.