+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. Today I got AOR.
So looks like January applicants turn has come.
Congratulations !
However, I called CIC today & they confirmed that they are working on December 8, 2017 applications.
Why is there so much conflicting information?
Is there a possibility that CIC is working on new applications & clearing the backlogs at the same time?

Some informative insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

dskumar

Feb 6, 2018
Hi All,

I have a question I submitted my application stating my passport issued country as canada not india, because it was issued in canada. would that be a problem.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a question I submitted my application stating my passport issued country as canada not india, because it was issued in canada. would that be a problem.
Passport issuing country is still India. Place of issue is Canada.

dskumar

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

I already submitted my application, now I can not fix it. I am checking whether that would that be a problem while they review my application

Mr.Malik

Feb 6, 2018
Hi, please add me

ID:Mr.Malik
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1584 days
App Sent: Mailed 2nd January 2018
App Recieved: 4th January 2018

Looking forward to sharing updates with you guys!

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Congratulations !
However, I called CIC today & they confirmed that they are working on December 8, 2017 applications.
Why is there so much conflicting information?
Is there a possibility that CIC is working on new applications & clearing the backlogs at the same time?

Some informative insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks UPPI.
Not at all sure what their processing logic is, but avgs wise it fits. 30-45 days is when AOR can be expected from date they receive the app.

Good luck to you.

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Congratulations! Does anything show up now when you check your application status online?
It showed up today on ecas saying 'Application Received'

Reactions: Novel

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Sorry to hear about it. Please share with me when your application is delivered so I can move you accordingly in the February spreadsheet.

Can you share which date was your application returned? Thanks!
That's unfortunate Michael & Mustafa. Good luck for speedy process.
These scenarios indicate as if even before status is AOR they do some prelim checks and act accordingly.
Does that mean getting AOR is that app has passed all prelim checks atleast and 'In process' is the stage where they dig deep?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
These scenarios indicate as if even before status is AOR they do some prelim checks and act accordingly.
Does that mean getting AOR is that app has passed all prelim checks atleast and 'In process' is the stage where they dig deep?
AOR means prelim checks just as to make sure your required documents are complete.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Pande You have cleared stage 1 which is very crucial since this is the stage where applications considered incomplete are returned and again one needs to resend and land back in the waiting queue. Next stage is in process where background checks, criminal checks etc are conducted. Though one will get cleared here also, its important to understand that till you get your Citizenship certificate in hand many other checks will be ongoing. If you have a LINKEDIN account see that every thing on profile does not have any mismatch with declared information. They do check your other social media engagements.

Reactions: Bobby_786

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pande You have cleared stage 1 which is very crucial since this is the stage where applications considered incomplete are returned and again one needs to resend and land back in the waiting queue. Next stage is in process where background checks, criminal checks etc are conducted. Though one will get cleared here also, its important to understand that till you get your Citizenship certificate in hand many other checks will be ongoing. If you have a LINKEDIN account see that every thing on profile does not have any mismatch with declared information. They do check your other social media engagements.
How sure are you on checking LinkedIN profile? I know checking social media is also part of background check, which they might do in PR application as well, but LinkedIn, I dont think so. They are not much concerned about specifics of date (mainly day and month) on what you did in Canada or elsewhere. They just want to have a official record of their new Citizen on their work history. Just my opinion, cant imagine it being that stringent on work history.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
How sure are you on checking LinkedIN profile? I know checking social media is also part of background check, which they might do in PR application as well, but LinkedIn, I dont think so. They are not much concerned about specifics of date (mainly day and month) on what you did in Canada or elsewhere. They just want to have a official record of their new Citizen on their work history. Just my opinion, cant imagine it being that stringent on work history.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cic-agents-check-facebook-googled-and-social-network-profile.170978/

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
For citizenship applicants, IRCC sends a referral to RCMP and CSIS to do background checks. IRCC also does a GCMS/FOSS check which includes, at the least, criminal name-record checks into Canadian and U.S. databases (at least a version of the U.S. database shared with Canada). Additionally, some applicants are required to provide police certificates from other countries (in particular, applicants who have spent a total of 183 or more days in a country other than Canada, within the previous four years, must submit a police certificate for that country with the application; IRCC may otherwise request other applicants to submit police clearances depending on an individual's particular circumstances).

I am not aware of any restrictions on the government's authority to do background checks on individuals. As far as I know, even local law enforcement could initiate a background check, no probable cause necessary (perhaps there must be an articulated reason but that bar is undoubtedly very low), and do so without even giving the subject notice they have done so.

Any time a traveler crosses the border between the U.S. and Canada, border officers on either side can conduct a background check, and in doing so both sides of the border can access records from either side.

For citizenship in particular, anyone with a criminal charge pending is prohibited from being granted citizenship, and anyone who has been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada, or any comparable offence outside Canada, within the four years prior to applying, is prohibited. And of course IRCC has the authority to investigate applicants to make sure there are no such criminal records or pending charges prohibiting a grant of citizenship.

There are additional reasons for background checks and other prohibitions. Periods of time on probation or while serving a sentence cannot be counted toward meeting the presence in Canada requirements, for example.

By the way, IRCC often does open source research as well, at least for some applicants. Thus, for example, more than a few applicants have run into problems because IRCC dug into LinkedIn account information which conflicted with information the applicant provided in the application form (typically involves inconsistency between reported work history and what was posted in LinkedIn).

All of which should be no surprise.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi, please add me

ID:Mr.Malik
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1584 days
App Sent: Mailed 2nd January 2018
App Recieved: 4th January 2018

Looking forward to sharing updates with you guys!
Added! Goodluck...