Apr 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/01/2018
Dear all,

My case details:
AOR - Jan 13, 2018 (FBI PCC was still awaited at that time)
Proof of Spouse travel history Request Letter received- Jan 29, 2018
Travel History provided - Jan 30, 2018
FBI PCCs Request Letter received- Feb 5, 2018 (Two months extension provided based on my LOE)
FBI PCCs submitted - March 8, 2018

Since March 8, 2018 the status is as follows:
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Looks like I am on IP1.

Based on your experiences, could you please give me an approximate date on when I could expect the PPR. I know there is no set pattern but just a guesstimate.

Thank You for your time and all the best to everyone!

Regards,
PB_TX_BC
CIC is very unpredictable and they don’t follow a sent pattern in terms of processing time .for ex me and my brother we both have Similar applications and noc ,except for overall points I got more cz of experience.he applied first in October and got his visa in 23 days .i applied in jan of this year and (made the mistake of not paying rprf upfront) I am and still waiting for ppr :) .The only way to get some insight is through gcms.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
CIC is very unpredictable and they don’t follow a sent pattern in terms of processing time .for ex me and my brother we both have Similar applications and noc ,except for overall points I got more cz of experience.he applied first in October and got his visa in 23 days .i applied in jan of this year and (made the mistake of not paying rprf upfront) I am and still waiting for ppr :) .The only way to get some insight is through gcms.
I paid RPRF and many like me with Jan AOR, but still waiting for PPR. hope to hear from them soon :)

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Thanks for replying.

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
There is no real estimate nowadays, People have been getting PR anywhere between 3 weeks to more than 100 days!
Looks like you are on IP1, Hope it changes soon for you and you never know as soon as you are in IP2, you might receive PPR quickly or it might take months and weeks. Keep 90 Days from AOR as an estimate on a positive side

hope you get it soon! Cheers :)
I appreciate your reply. Thanks!

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
There is no real estimate nowadays, People have been getting PR anywhere between 3 weeks to more than 100 days!
Looks like you are on IP1, Hope it changes soon for you and you never know as soon as you are in IP2, you might receive PPR quickly or it might take months and weeks. Keep 90 Days from AOR as an estimate on a positive side

hope you get it soon! Cheers :)
As I had to submit the FBI PCC by 5th April, 2018, do you think that they would not look at my file before that date, even though I submitted those on 9th March, 2018? Any thoughts?

Arkaras007

Mar 21, 2018
India
Category........
Thats the best you can do - make the CIC aware of the facts and if required they will dig through her CSE and other tickets. Don't worry they will not pass an unfair judgement for an address mistake. As long as you have explained the CIC about your case in detail, you will be fine. Hang in there.
Thank you!!! I've been trying to be positive and hoping that it all fairs in our favour... :)

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Dear all,

My case details:
FBI PCCs Request Letter received- Feb 5, 2018 (Two months extension provided based on my LOE)

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Looks like I am on IP1.

Based on your experiences, could you please give me an approximate date on when I could expect the PPR. I know there is no set pattern but just a guesstimate.

As I had to submit the FBI PCC by 5th April, 2018, do you think that they would not look at my file before that date, even though I submitted those on 9th March, 2018? Any thoughts?

Regards,
PB_TX_BC

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Dear all,

My case details:

Looks like I am on IP1.

Regards,
PB_TX_BC
definitely wouldn't try to predict PPR date :)
but I was in the same situation and according to GCMS notes here's what happened to my case:
AOR - Nov 29
Med passed and request for PCC - Dec 8
I uploaded PC on Jan 6
But eligibility was passed on Dec 19 (notes by officer not agent)

Reactions: Troy2245

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
definitely wouldn't try to predict PPR date :)
but I was in the same situation and according to GCMS notes here's what happened to my case:
AOR - Nov 29
Med passed and request for PCC - Dec 8
I uploaded PC on Jan 6
But eligibility was passed on Dec 19 (notes by officer not agent)
So eligibility was passed before you submitted PCC? What's your background check status (IP1/IP2)? Did you see any movement before your PCC upload deadline?

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
So eligibility was passed before you submitted PCC? What's your background check status (IP1/IP2)? Did you see any movement before your PCC upload deadline?
That's right eligibility was passed before.
Background check passed IP1 and went to NA2 before I uploaded the PCC.
After the upload ADR status went through (don't remember exact terms):
- needed
- uploaded
- under review
- not needed

I've got GCMS notes dated Feb 6 and according to them:
eligibility - passed
info sharing - passed
security - wiped out (so if there's something to hide then it's at least started)
criminality - not started
medicine - passed

Feb 16 - email reply - criminality in progress

Feb 27 - IP2
This morning got an email from Ottawa saying the case is approved (I inquired on last Friday)
Still didn't get the PPR email but it should arrive really soon.

So it does look like PCC didn't delay my application much

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
That's right eligibility was passed before.
Background check passed IP1 and went to NA2 before I uploaded the PCC.
After the upload ADR status went through (don't remember exact terms):
- needed
- uploaded
- under review
- not needed

I've got GCMS notes dated Feb 6 and according to them:
eligibility - passed
info sharing - passed
security - wiped out (so if there's something to hide then it's at least started)
criminality - not started
medicine - passed

Feb 16 - email reply - criminality in progress

Feb 27 - IP2
This morning got an email from Ottawa saying the case is approved (I inquired on last Friday)
Still didn't get the PPR email but it should arrive really soon.

So it does look like PCC didn't delay my application much
Thanks for a detailed reply! How could we ask for status updates through email? I sent an email to an address provided by somebody on these forums but got a reply back that they don't send updates. Checking my case daily is driving me nuts...maybe I should just take a break and just check my personal email for any updates. Anyways good to know that you are almost there :)

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for a detailed reply! How could we ask for status updates through email? I sent an email to an address provided by somebody on these forums but got a reply back that they don't send updates. Checking my case daily is driving me nuts...maybe I should just take a break and just check my personal email for any updates. Anyways good to know that you are almost there :)
Here's the email I use - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

First email I sent them was a template email asking for visa processing office. So I got a template reply ;) reasonable )))
Next time I made my email let's say more "excusing" and I mentioned a reason I wanted to know my status. For example this last time I'm actually about to have an interview with a company in Canada they already asked me a couple of times when I can start.
So my advise - don't use template email :)

And don't spam them :) I sent them an email once in a month. We've got to understand they are doing their best. And to get PR in 4-6 months is a speed of light :))) I also have US immigration case (work related) It's been year and a half already and I'm nowhere near the finish line.

Last edited:
Reactions: summerxx

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Here's the email I use - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

First email I sent them was a template email asking for visa processing office. So I got a template reply ;) reasonable )))
Next time I made my email let's say more "excusing" and I mentioned a reason I wanted to know my status. For example this last time I'm actually about to have an interview with a company in Canada they already asked me a couple of times when I can start.
So my advise - don't use template email :)

And don't spam them :) I sent them once in a month. We've got to understand they are doing their best. And to get PR in 4-6 months is a speed of light :))) I also have US immigration case (work related) It's been year and a half already and I'm nowhere near the finish line.
Thanks for the advice :) BTW I am on H1-B since 2007!