+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

qnbhatti

Apr 28, 2012
********WELCOME TO JANUARY 2017 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM *******
All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:

a. AOR1 or Application package will be sent back for lack of relevant document
b. Request for missing document or updated document - based on your spousal application
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

2. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step: Shocked Shocked

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa

Chechay08

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga / manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01 -17
Doc's Request.
30-02-17
AOR Received.
31-02-17
File Transfer...
03-02-17
Med's Request
17-02-17
Med's Done....
24-02-17
Just send our application yesterday by courier with the old form sense our application returned last july but our old document can still utilized till the end of this month just hoping for the best and pls.pls.pls.hope cic will not returnde our dochments for the second time :( :( :(

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hi guys! Theres already a January thread :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2017-outland-spousal-applicants-t469205.0.html

Reichel

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Hi guys, I just got married to a Canadian Citizen and we are planning to apply for outland sponsorship, Im a US citizen, Do i have to change my name first to my husband last name, passport, ID or any documents before we submit application? Any thoughts is greatly appriciated.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Reichel said:
Hi guys, I just got married to a Canadian Citizen and we are planning to apply for outland sponsorship, Im a US citizen, Do i have to change my name first to my husband last name, passport, ID or any documents before we submit application? Any thoughts is greatly appriciated.
Whatever name you put on the immigration forms should be the same name as your ID and passport. I changed all of my documents in my husband's last name after getting married, but put off changing my passport. I ended up applying for a new passport with my new name, so there's not any confusion. Also, I remember the form asking for your passport info specifically saying "Enter name how it is shown on your passport."

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
I completed my outland application and included my payment receipt last week. I booked a return flight for myself and one way tickets for my wife and kids who are citizens. I have now decided to change to inland application.

I now have 2 questions:

1. Will my payment still be valid in 2 months time when we get to canada and send through the inland application?
2. Can I change my flight to a one way ticket as well and show border security our inland application so that they will let me into the canada with a one way ticket?

benghace

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
14-042017
Hey Guys,

As per Canada Post, my sponsorship application was received on January 19th. I haven't received the confirmation email. I was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to get the email to link your account.

Thank you!

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hello

I submitted my application on 7 March 2017 in Canada application. Application was received on 7 March 2017. I received sms to verify that it was received.

I received email to say application is in process and to link my account online on 23 March 2017. So it only took about 2 weeks to receive that email.

Hopefully the rest of the application can go this quickly.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get first stage approval so that i can apply for OWP online?