+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2015 INTAKE

abmb

Aug 14, 2014
Do I have to wait for Sep 2015 and waste another year to get into a good university?
I completed my graduation in Environment in 2013 and did job till May 2014.
I want to get into a very good university like U of T or University of British Columbia for either management or M Eng or MSc (I am yet to give IELTS)
10th-83.08%
12th-77.27%
Graduation-8.08
I am currently preparing for MBA exams in India should i continue it?Will this gap affect my profile?
Kindly guide.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gap isn't a issue. But if you do MBA from India then your chances for refusal will be increased a lot if you apply for other masters degree. I'd say continue your job while preparing for MBA meanwhile apply for a degree in a Canadian university. I assume you do know these top notch universities cost a fortune - 40-50 lakhs. Maybe some universities are still accepting applications but since you've done IELTS, you have to wait.

abmb

Aug 14, 2014
Okay thank you for your reply :).. Just one more question is it difficult to get into these university? I mean do they require a strong profile like the US institutes?

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I meant since you have *not* done IELTS, you need to wait. Moving on, yes it surely is difficult. I have read many candidates on this forum discussing how they needed a professor first who'd supervise them. Only then they can apply for admission. You need to contact the university yourself for details. But if you are good, they'll provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships, rewards for great academic or extra curricular activities etc. So yeah, good luck anyways.

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your Profile is very Good
You can easily get admission in masters in a good university
But now it is late for January 2015 intake. I suggest you to continue for job till you don't get admission in a good university.
Do Ielts, Apply for May 2015 or September 2015 batch.
For UBC, I think you will have to contact a supervisor first.
All the best