+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2013 Applicants - JOIN HERE!

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I applied Jan 4 to sponsor wife who lives outside Canada - our foreign office is Vienna, the current status:

Sponsorship - In process :
We received your application to sponsor **** on January 7, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 24, 2013.
We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence - Application Received
We received **** application for permanent residence on January 7, 2013.
Medical results have been received.

Hope to get approved soon

7vksalat

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-AUG-2008
Doc's Request.
25-NOV-2011
AOR Received.
13-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
27-FEB-2012
Med's Request
29-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
15-DEC-2012
Passport Req..
29-NOV-2012 sent in 01-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process...(Since 29 JAN) Medicle Passed
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-updated-to-medical-results-have-been-received-in-2013-new-delhi-t133238.0.html

Please joined here..Topic Related User...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
namesnik said:
Ok I applied Jan 4 to sponsor wife who lives outside Canada - our foreign office is Vienna, the current status:

We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

well from the look of it, you should get an email, or a letter soon - and if there is nothing special in your file it should be a positive one.
Fingers crossed!
Sweden

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
namesnik said:

Hi namesnik!

I've added you to the spreadsheet. I can imput your medicals date as well if you would like. (The date your wife took her medical.)

Sounds to me like good news is on the way for you! :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
razan said:
I may have to leave this group...I will find out in a couple of days. I sent my package via next day courier through Canada Post on Tuesday Janaury 29 and was told it would be delivered the next day (Jan 30). Well I have looked online and called Canada Post and the package still seems to be "in transit." I wish I had used FedEx! There is a possibility that the package was delivered but not scanned. I live in Mississauga so it shouldnt take long to get to another address in Mississauga. I will get back my money from Canada post but if my documentation is lost I am literally screwed!
Why would you leave this group?! ;D

Well don't worry about Xpress Post...for me it's rare that they deliver things in a day....for me usually it takes 2 days...the worst was 3 =P

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
Hi namesnik!

I've added you to the spreadsheet. I can imput your medicals date as well if you would like. (The date your wife took her medical.)

Sounds to me like good news is on the way for you! :)

She took her medical on Nov 22 2012.
The sponsorship is still "In process" status, you think I should expect something in the mail?
I did receive an e-mail with my UCI number on Jan 25.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
namesnik said:
She took her medical on Nov 22 2012.
The sponsorship is still "In process" status, you think I should expect something in the mail?
I did receive an e-mail with my UCI number on Jan 25.
I would take the status on ecas with a grain of salt. It isn't updated as much as it should be. Some VOs don't seem to update it at all.

It sounds like they have made a decision regarding your eligibility to sponsor. I think you should be on the look out for another email or a letter!

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That would be awesome, they approve me the same day they started processing my application - sounds too good to be true.

"We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application." might refer to an email with UCI number

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
namesnik said:
That would be awesome, they approve me the same day they started processing my application - sounds too good to be true.

"We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application." might have to do with UCI number e-mail
no - normally that's the wording they use once they have made a decision on the sponsorship part, and if you have a "normal case" ( no welfare, no criminal background, and you are sponsoring a person that qualifies as well) then it should be a positive one - the "in process" might be a glitch ! :)

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
no - normally that's the wording they use once they have made a decision on the sponsorship part, and if you have a "normal case" ( no welfare, no criminal background, and you are sponsoring a person that qualifies as well) then it should be a positive one - the "in process" might be a glitch ! :)
Good stuff, thanks.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
I too applied late last year as an outland application to the London VO. My partner has been given the go ahead to sponsor me and my medicals have been received as of Jan 16th!

My application is now sitting amidst the rest of yours on some desk I am sure!

Best of luck to you all!

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
I guess it's usual for mail to travel from Mississauga to Toronto more than a week.

They could be sending mail once a week - Thursday :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
namesnik said:
I guess it's usual for mail to travel from Mississauga to Toronto more than a week.

They could be sending mail once a week - Thursday :)
Sshhhssshhh this is a big secret, but Thursday is actually the only day CIC does any work ;)

kingkhan787

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, I also used Canada Post Xpresspost next day service with signature. I sent my application to the P.O. BOX.
Just like you, I also got so worried that my file was taking longer than it should have as the online tracking info was showing in-transit for a couple days.
However, when I called Canada Post they said they will "Look into it" (useless) ...
HOWEVER, after a couple days later my online tracking info updated and it showed my file was in fact actually delivered on time the next day with a copy of the signature.
MORAL of the story: Canada Post Xpresspost is a good service, just that their online tracking system SUCKS big time and is slow!
So, more than likely, your file has reached its destination and it will take a bit of time to show up and update your tracking status online.

Hope this helped :)

razan said:
I may have to leave this group...I will find out in a couple of days. I sent my package via next day courier through Canada Post on Tuesday Janaury 29 and was told it would be delivered the next day (Jan 30). Well I have looked online and called Canada Post and the package still seems to be "in transit." I wish I had used FedEx! There is a possibility that the package was delivered but not scanned. I live in Mississauga so it shouldnt take long to get to another address in Mississauga. I will get back my money from Canada post but if my documentation is lost I am literally screwed!

kingkhan787

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all.
Today I received an email from CPC-M for my approval to sponsor my wife (Step #1) and now our file is transferred to her home country's visa office.

I applied on Jan. 10 and got the approval for Step#1 today (Feb. 1) - Total 22 days ... Even when the processing time online said 55 days.

Two days earlier (Jan. 30) I had received an email from CPC-M saying they have confirmed that our application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC.

These guys are quicker than I thought .... now hopefully their counterparts at CHC are the same :D

QUESTIONS:
1) How long in your experience will it take to transfer our file to the Visa office?

2) Will I receive any notification from the Visa office that they have received my file?

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! Thxs.