Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
simplysimple said:
Thats strong evidence that you can support the person being sponsored, and adds value.. Rest,, No one knows what exactly CIC looks for in each application,, But major things are :

* First time marriage - Means genuine

* The couple should be of same religion or follow same custom or same social values, Each Visa office has this seperate according to their country lifestyle.. But like in India,, One person belonging to Punjabi religion and Marrying Gujrati,, Thats a rare thing, and Visa office would like to digg into it.

* The sponser should have job and should be able to support the person being sponsored.

* Photos, chat history, Phone logs etc. The more the better.

* Photos of Marriage with presence of Both the boy and girl parents is also very important, VISA OFFICE is very concerned that parents of both sides are agreed to the marriage. and when filling application, you have to mention, who all we there in the marriage from both sides. Other pics can be provided minimal but , wedding day pics are the most important ones.

If these all point are well fulfilled, faster processing.

I did not work when I applied for my spouse in January. But I am a preschool teacher now. And now my hubby is a computer instructer. He just sent his passport to ND earlier this week. Should we contact ND and inform them about our jobs?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
kiwinijjar said:
I did not work when I applied for my spouse in January. But I am a preschool teacher now. And now my hubby is a computer instructer. He just sent his passport to ND earlier this week. Should we contact ND and inform them about our jobs?
I called CIC regarding this issue, and the woman over the phone assured me that if the applicant is a spouse, income is not important for the sponsor.

But, my thinking might be that keeping CIC updated could be a good thing. Makes them think about your app more :D :D :D

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
According to this: http://www.caips.ca/faq.shtml#diy There still is a CAIPS and it's $40 just for their basic service.

Sounds very interesting, if a file hits a snag, I would say this could be useful. But $5 sounds better!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi guys, just peeking in here to see how you guys are doing... ;)

Regarding file transfer, I believe the file is physically transferred. The reason being, in my GCMS, it has a section called "PAPER FILE HISTORY', it says at what date the paper file is at what location and status like "In Transit", "Received".

srinivas.vadapalli said:
When the app gets approved in mississauga, we all talk abt file being transferred to local VO....Physically it is not transferred. The details of application will be in GCMS. Its the control thats transferred to respective VO so that an officer from that VO will further take charge of it.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Well, if you're not in Canada, and if you can find someone you know who is IN Canada to order it for you, says a relative or a friend, then why not save the $35 and treat the person a good meal after you land... :)

Note: GCMS can be delivered through email, so your relative/friend won't see the content.

Amoss said:
According to this: http://www.caips.ca/faq.shtml#diy There still is a CAIPS and it's $40 just for their basic service.

Sounds very interesting, if a file hits a snag, I would say this could be useful. But $5 sounds better!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
GOGOGO said:
Well, if you're not in Canada, and if you can find someone you know who is IN Canada to order it for you, says a relative or a friend, then why not save the $35 and treat the person a good meal after you land... :)

Note: GCMS can be delivered through email, so your relative/friend won't see the content.
For sure, I think GCMS is definitely the better option if you were to go that route.

I'd love to hear more from the people who have had a GCMS or a CAIPS. It's interesting to learn what those agents are writing about. Offers a glimpse at how they evaluate our files. If you did indeed have it done.. maybe you could share... :) :) ;)

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
kiwinijjar said:
Congratulations and I hope you the best in the future. Our file is very close. My app was recieved on jan 17. ppr on april 19th. Seeing this gives me happy. :)
Did your spouse have any travel history?
What is your ecas status ???

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In fact, CIC is transitioning from using CAIPS (Computer-Assisted Immigration Processing System) to GCMS; not sure when they are done with the transitioning.

When I ordered GCMS back in March 2012, the form "IMM5563(01-2012)E" was different and had checkboxes for both GCMS and CAIPS (and other options). Now they have released a new version "IMM5563(04-2012)E" which does not have such options but now you pick 'Electronic File' and 'Immigation File In Canada' and 'Permanent Residence' (much clearer), plus a nice instruction in the front.

Official website is unchange:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

I did a summary from my GCMS not too long ago, see here...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.0.html;msg1418456#msg1418456

Good luck everyone!

Amoss said:
For sure, I think GCMS is definitely the better option if you were to go that route.

I'd love to hear more from the people who have had a GCMS or a CAIPS. It's interesting to learn what those agents are writing about. Offers a glimpse at how they evaluate our files. If you did indeed have it done.. maybe you could share... :) :) ;)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Cool. Thanks for posting GOGOGO! ;D

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
rv_maria said:
What is your ecas status ???

My ecas status is application recieved. From looking on spreadsheets I think my app will go into process on May 17th.

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img] New Delhi [img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img]<br />
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Jan 2012<br /><br />App. Delivered : 11th Jan 2012<br />
AOR Received.
NO AOR <br /><br />Approval ........: 1 March 2012<br />
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
16 March 2012 <br /><br />PP Delivered ...: 19th March<br /><br />Inprocess .......: 11 April 2012<br />
VISA ISSUED...
YES<br /><br />PP Delivered ..: 18 April 2012<br />
LANDED..........
6th May 2012<br /><br />TOTAL TIME ...: 99 days
kiwinijjar said:
CIC states that you should update them with whatever changes take place with you both, and employment is surely one of their interest. Update them is a better option, as an added employment adds the positive points for the basic reason, that you can support the person being sponsored for next 3 years as When we fill the Spouse application, we have to sign an undertaking that we will provide all financial support to the applicant for the next 3 years. and Without employment, your undertaking doesnt stand strong.
So better to update them.

Also, the negative thing which happens when updating the status is that there is some delay caused to application which might range from few days or a month, but rest assured, the more the strong application becomes, the better it is. And why i say say,, I have read many such questions on this forum only, when people where refused Visa just because of the very basic reason "Financial Support".

And if we see from CIC perspective, they stand right,, Living in Canada is very expensive and with proper financial support, it makes situation worst and also causes stress financially on the Nation, when people take money from govt fund, for the period of unemployment, etc..

So better give CIC the update that you are now financially independent and you can support your spouse.

I wish, all ends up well.. with God Grace..

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
srinivas.vadapalli said:
And then on top of it another Officer has written this:
" I concur with the waiver recommendation. No Concerns. Crim passed. Request passport"
From this line, it looks like they conduct the criminality investigation first and then ask for your passport, eh?

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
simplysimple said:
Thanks so much,, I though people will think that I am mad as I wrote so long,, But wanted to express what all goes through my mind. and yes, it depends for the job, some people like doctors even wait for an year,, to get a course in Canada and then continue services, and some get job as soon as they land, within a week.. Depends on the field a person is in..
congrates sooooooooooooooooo much :) wish every body else will be at your state of mind relaxed stressfree and dream come true..
congrates one again :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Called CIC again and still no records in their system and sent an email to Mississauga to ask about our application and asked to wait for 2-3 weeks :( :mad: :mad:
i said that our package was received at CIC on jan 26 and was signed by DAVE at mail room. she replied in funny way and said that "ohh confirmation from courier company doesnt mean that your application was received " :eek: :eek: :eek:
do you have any idea how long it will take to get reply from Mississauga after call center agent send an email to them?? ?? (cic is supposed to email me back after they find my application)
is there any more approval for january applicants this morning or last night??? ??? ???
anyone called CIC?? any positive response regarding your application??-
CIC call center is a mess of useless agents, i think its a "no profit no loss organisation" CIC does not pay any salary to agents, they are just on training there to get some experience how to handle angry, worried, stressful and helpless people like US, they just check your ecas and tell you same thing """NO RECORDS""" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
we know very well that ECAS does not work properly even after getting approval :mad: :mad:

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Dear All....

Finally...its Finally over

"We received your application for permanent residence on January 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on March 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."