+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
No it is not necessary to send degrees except for your husband's identification maybe. Yes we send a copy of my mother's letter (sponsor's mother) and my husband's parents' letter (applicant's parents) and my passport copy with the pages with my visas (for travelling to meet the applicant and travelling with applicant). They did not open my envelope and just returned it with an additional letter form CIC. They said that I need to wait until CIC requests any documents to send anything. We send these documents a couple days after we sent our application and we dont have sponsor approval yet. If you have a UCI number or application number, you can try to send to CIC. You should wait until you receive sponsor approval and when your file is transferred to applicant's visa office. Then, you can send additional documents to the visa office for sure.
good luck!
That is helpful advice, thank you! All right, I'll just hold on to my documents till the file is transferred to Delhi and then submit them.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
mehdiR said:
hi everyone

we received our approval email today at last , hurrrraaaaaay

the date of approval is FEB 23,2012

woooooooooooowwww

Finally! So much relief eh!

Approval is better than AOR so congrats!

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
mehdiR said:
hi everyone

we received our approval email today at last , hurrrraaaaaay

the date of approval is FEB 23,2012

woooooooooooowwww
Congrats mehdiR ... next stop, Ankara :)

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanipanjakadi said:
Congrats, u have received today? wow CIC working on weekends too
no, the approval's date is Feb 23rd, which is thursday.

Cheers

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
ashunandal said:
yes your husband will receive approval.
we are both together, sponsor and applicant. :)
hi friends,,,once sponsor get sponsor approval letter did they send any letter to the applicant tto inform that they have transfered the case to the new delhi or any other letter to let us know where our case is or any thing they need by us,...???

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
hi friends,,,once sponsor get sponsor approval letter did they send any letter to the applicant tto inform that they have transfered the case to the new delhi or any other letter to let us know where our case is or any thing they need by us,...???
In my case, so far, no more communication. I believe that once the file reaches the appropriate Visa Office, they will send some sort of acknowledgement (not sure).

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
yes i think they will send an email to sponsor regarding file transfer. they transfer file same day of sponsor approval and if they need any additional documents from you they will contact you (applicant) by mail (post). hope they wont ask anything except passport :)
best of luck :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hey everyone,

mehdi, congrats on ur approval!!!!!! u got the approval directly, without any AOR right? (ask ur consultant :p)

Amanda, that's great that u can login in the e-cas now, thanks for telling us, i hope next week u'll get it :)

Gemini, i'm sorry honey, don't despair!!!!!!!! it will come!!!!!!! don't worry and don't overthink it, it will do no good...it does not mean anything bad if u did not get it yet, some officers r slower, who knows....i wish u'll get the approval next week directly!!! ;) sorry, i still have in my mind to answer ur PM, i didn't have time, been so busy, and now we also have a CAT...lots of new things going on :eek:

guys, ladies, general question: i notice on my old immigration paper a client id; then i noticed the same id on a photocopy of my old PR card and also for my citizenship file...is this the client id they will use now too? should i have written it down on the payment receipt :-X i just noticed since i just found those old papers (since i'm trying any possible file number and id to see if e-cas is working ;) ) and they r sooo old, maybe they have other system with other id's.......i hope it does not cause any problem if i didn't write it down

have a great weekend everyone, don't b sad cuz of the snow, maybe it's the last one this winter....hope next week many of us will get nice emails ;D

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
hey everyone,

mehdi, congrats on ur approval!!!!!! u got the approval directly, without any AOR right? (ask ur consultant :p)

Amanda, that's great that u can login in the e-cas now, thanks for telling us, i hope next week u'll get it :)

Gemini, i'm sorry honey, don't despair!!!!!!!! it will come!!!!!!! don't worry and don't overthink it, it will do no good...it does not mean anything bad if u did not get it yet, some officers r slower, who knows....i wish u'll get the approval next week directly!!! ;) sorry, i still have in my mind to answer ur PM, i didn't have time, been so busy, and now we also have a CAT...lots of new things going on :eek:

guys, ladies, general question: i notice on my old immigration paper a client id; then i noticed the same id on a photocopy of my old PR card and also for my citizenship file...is this the client id they will use now too? should i have written it down on the payment receipt :-X i just noticed since i just found those old papers (since i'm trying any possible file number and id to see if e-cas is working ;) ) and they r sooo old, maybe they have other system with other id's.......i hope it does not cause any problem if i didn't write it down

have a great weekend everyone, don't b sad cuz of the snow, maybe it's the last one this winter....hope next week many of us will get nice emails ;D
Hi missmini, I tried all those numbers, but they did not work in ecas. The number that is issued, is not the same as PR card and Citizenship Card numbers. I think you gotta wait till you get your AOR and voila. After a few days now I can see more information on my ecas, like "Medical Received", "Decision Made", my whole address and stuff like that. I just wonder how long it would take to transfer the file from Mississauga to Ankara. Based on older threads, I esitmate it to be around 10-14 days...We'll see... :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
Hi missmini, I tried all those numbers, but they did not work in ecas. The number that is issued, is not the same as PR card and Citizenship Card numbers. I think you gotta wait till you get your AOR and voila. After a few days now I can see more information on my ecas, like "Medical Received", "Decision Made", my whole address and stuff like that. I just wonder how long it would take to transfer the file from Mississauga to Ankara. Based on older threads, I esitmate it to be around 10-14 days...We'll see... :)
hi imatra :) thaaaaaank u :) yeah i thought it's just a waste of time :p wooow it's cool that u already see medicals received and stuff like that....although how come they know if Ankara has the medicals (and actually i think we all wrote for the medicals Damascus, so maybe they have them LOL)...but it should b all online in their system so it does not make any difference who has it ;)....don't worry, in time, u will see some of the e-cas stuff disappearing, it's all normal ;)
from what i understood from sohrab the main stuff (forms, imp documents) r transferred online while the rest (relationship proofs) r transferred later by their special embassy mail....yes the transfer should take around 2 weeks but if u remember last month bulletin abt Damascus closure they were saying that the new files will b transferred starting with March 1st...so i think by the middle of March maybe Ankara will send u AOR :) (if this is their routine) it's still good :) i want to login like u tooooo :p :D
r u still in that nice place with beach and sea-side?! or back in ur city where i think it's rainy and cold now....we have sandstorm here, the second one in 10 days :eek: not nice day at all :-X
take care :-*

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
hi imatra :) thaaaaaank u :) yeah i thought it's just a waste of time :p wooow it's cool that u already see medicals received and stuff like that....although how come they know if Ankara has the medicals (and actually i think we all wrote for the medicals Damascus, so maybe they have them LOL)...but it should b all online in their system so it does not make any difference who has it ;)....don't worry, in time, u will see some of the e-cas stuff disappearing, it's all normal ;)
from what i understood from sohrab the main stuff (forms, imp documents) r transferred online while the rest (relationship proofs) r transferred later by their special embassy mail....yes the transfer should take around 2 weeks but if u remember last month bulletin abt Damascus closure they were saying that the new files will b transferred starting with March 1st...so i think by the middle of March maybe Ankara will send u AOR :) (if this is their routine) it's still good :) i want to login like u tooooo :p :D
r u still in that nice place with beach and sea-side?! or back in ur city where i think it's rainy and cold now....we have sandstorm here, the second one in 10 days :eek: not nice day at all :-X
take care :-*
Thanks missmini ... yes I am back already. I was there for a few days. If I understood it right, you live in UAE and the place I went to (Kish Island) is on the other side of UAE, at Iran-side. It is very beautiful ... very similar to Dubai (which I've been once before). Our flight was delayed for an hour when I was heading to Kish Island, because of sandstorm as well, but nothing more when I was there.

Like everybody else, I can not wait for my file to move along ... but I learned to stay cool and patient and therefore enjoy this phase of my life as well. I think you are a month behind Januarians, right? Hope u hear the good news soon tooooooooooooo :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
right!! u were just 30min away by plane from here, very close, just on the other side of the Gulf :) yeah sandstorms r not fun, these days i remember of Canada when i was staying inside cuz of winter storm...different thing but same down feeling :-X
i'm at the end of January, 4 weeks after u, so still a little of wait but not tooooo long wait i hope, thank u :) and it's true that this also is a stage in our lives and instead of crying and pulling our hair off every day, we should try to live with the situation and maybe do something useful :) have a nice weekend!! :)

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
What does AOR mean?

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
whizbee said:
What does AOR mean?
Hi whizbee ... it means Acknowlegement Of Receipt. When you file your application with CIC, they will mail/email you the AOR.

HTH. :)

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
imatra said:
In my case, so far, no more communication. I believe that once the file reaches the appropriate Visa Office, they will send some sort of acknowledgement (not sure).
Iwish they contact u very soon dear, i have heared from my friend who immigrate neary 4-5 yrs back to adminton in calgary i called her and she told me that she received a letter from VO and total time to get visa is 3months after application filled..... i pray we all gget thing done in positive way very very soon and smoothly.....

good luck to all of us ;)