Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Guess what guys.. I am still waiting for anything from CIC-M and i have nothing.. so i called CIC today and talked to David.. at least he seemed to be really trying to get to the bottom of things..... he called up this lady that deals with tracking packages.. and she told him that I can either wait till April 14 to see if they found my package.. or send in Photo copies of my entire application that I sent receipt and everything, with a letter attached stating what has happened ( cannot find my first application).. and then I most likely would have to wait the entire 55 days processing time again and see if it works out for me the 2nd time.. OMG, OMG... this is crazy, and the guy said that this is very very rare and he didn't exactly know what to tell me, that's why he called that lady. How crazy.. It is almost like I am starting from scratch, and by then, the whole medical test might be expired, who knows? I am really really angry and sad.. If this is going to be so freakin difficult, I swear I will move to europe and forget about living in Canada.. I am that pissed! AND on top of all that.. the tickets that I sent, and all the photos.. I swear, I spent over $100 probably developing all kinds of photos.. just to possibly be lost? How much is this going to cost? I just can't believe what is happening.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ocanadaguy, please do not panic. They are just making the situation worse. I am sure your application is not lost. Just looking at the spreadsheet, your processing is just taking longer. Remember avocadosandcheese just got theirs and you mailed yours after! So just wait, I am sure you will get approval soon. Don't resend your application.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
ocanadaguy said:
Guess what guys.. I am still waiting for anything from CIC-M and i have nothing.. so i called CIC today and talked to David.. at least he seemed to be really trying to get to the bottom of things..... he called up this lady that deals with tracking packages.. and she told him that I can either wait till April 14 to see if they found my package.. or send in Photo copies of my entire application that I sent receipt and everything, with a letter attached stating what has happened ( cannot find my first application).. and then I most likely would have to wait the entire 55 days processing time again and see if it works out for me the 2nd time.. OMG, OMG... this is crazy, and the guy said that this is very very rare and he didn't exactly know what to tell me, that's why he called that lady. How crazy.. It is almost like I am starting from scratch, and by then, the whole medical test might be expired, who knows? I am really really angry and sad.. If this is going to be so freakin difficult, I swear I will move to europe and forget about living in Canada.. I am that pissed! AND on top of all that.. the tickets that I sent, and all the photos.. I swear, I spent over $100 probably developing all kinds of photos.. just to possibly be lost? How much is this going to cost? I just can't believe what is happening.
OMG, I can't believe what CIC is doing. I called them this morning again and got nothing too. I worry about our application has been misplaced too. Resubmit is really a nightmare as we submitted lots of original files and some files took 2 months to obtain. :(

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
I just faxed the public drop off with a paper stating my name, date I mailed my app, date my app was received, my address, email address, phone number, tracking number, receipt number, the type of envelope it was in, sponsorship spouse, address I sent it to, who I spoke to and when i called at CIC call center, I signed and dated my letter.. I hope someone reads it and does something about it... My fax worked first try. Maybe they have just misplaced it, or their computer system is THAT messed up, but when you hear someone tell you something like that, and tell you that this is very very rare and even he didn't know what to tell me.. that's not very encouraging. Even if this ends up being found.. there will certainly be an email sent to the Immigration Minister and about what CIC-M puts people through. He should be putting the odd fake app through the system... just to see how they respond and handle these fake cases.. kinda like being "undercover boss". I work different hours now, so I will be home every day to call CIC and see what is going on.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy said:
I feel your frustration and anger that is horrible to happen to anyone. That is why we insist that CIC has to send real actual AOR once application is received.

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
ocanadaguy, I wouldn't listen to what the agents have to say, nor would I re-send my application. Each agent says something new everyday. You and the rest of us mid Januarians are waiting 70-80 days. The officers have the applications. The issue is that they haven't begun opening them or they haven't updated the computer system. Hence, them sending letters through snail mail. That's just my opinion...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
OMG, I can't believe what CIC is doing. I called them this morning again and got nothing too. I worry about our application has been misplaced too. Resubmit is really a nightmare as we submitted lots of original files and some files took 2 months to obtain. :(
No believe it we are not even the whole picture...we are just a small slice of applicants

liuminparis said:
below is the link of online petition I have created. I plan to post this as a new topic in the forum so more people can see it.

Please have a look on the content and give me some suggestion and modification before I post it to the whole forum. All kinds of suggestions are welcome ;)

http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

Thanks

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
83 days!
This is outrageous! I read the various discussion forums for years, and never the first step of sponsorship has been so long as now! we pay high fees, charges and taxes; in return they does not care about us. That’s among lot of things that pushing me to consider leaving this country!
I called six or seven times the call center and I sent a fax to mississauga but no result.
if I stay in Canada until 2015 so I know which of these politicians will not have my vote!
you're fed of this bureaucratie, please sign the petition to change somethings for futur.
http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
ocanadaguy said:
I just faxed the public drop off with a paper stating my name, date I mailed my app, date my app was received, my address, email address, phone number, tracking number, receipt number, the type of envelope it was in, sponsorship spouse, address I sent it to, who I spoke to and when i called at CIC call center, I signed and dated my letter.. I hope someone reads it and does something about it... My fax worked first try. Maybe they have just misplaced it, or their computer system is THAT messed up, but when you hear someone tell you something like that, and tell you that this is very very rare and even he didn't know what to tell me.. that's not very encouraging. Even if this ends up being found.. there will certainly be an email sent to the Immigration Minister and about what CIC-M puts people through. He should be putting the odd fake app through the system... just to see how they respond and handle these fake cases.. kinda like being "undercover boss". I work different hours now, so I will be home every day to call CIC and see what is going on.
I know how frustrating and agonizing this can be, as I am in the same boat as you, but I wouldn't despair or give up hope. I don't think that lady and the guy know what they're talking about. Every time you call, you're likely to get a different answer. They said they didn't have a record of my applications either. But I know it was received at CPC-M according to fedex. There seems to have been problem with computers at CPC-M as well as them having to transfer some of the files to Ottawa. Most likely they haven't updated you information to their system yet. Most of us January applicants are on the same boat. Someone I know received his approval without getting an AOR and reading the forum that seems to be the new trend. In most likelihood you'll hear from this this week or next and instead of getting an AOR, it'd probably be straight to approval. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I wouldn't resubmit my application or panic as long as there are people near my applications date who haven't received their AOR either. Also most people from January are getting similar replies to yours; a few of them later getting approvals. Besides, they couldn't have just lost a boatload of applications.

Hang in there mate, it's not all lost. It's just carelessness on the part of CIC.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy said:
Since they have told you to send copies here is what I'll do if I were you:
-Send the copies that you have and do not worry about the details Just whatever you have
this way if they find your application then great which will be your case
if unfortunately they did not find it...then you have sent them a new one as they told you and you did not waste time.
good luck and guys please please let us help each other...even those who has already been approved ...we are stronger when we are together

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Since they have told you to send copies here is what I'll do if I were you:
-Send the copies that you have and do not worry about the details Just whatever you have
this way if they find your application then great which will be your case
if unfortunately they did not find it...then you have sent them a new one as they told you and you did not waste time.
good luck and guys please please let us help each other...even those who has already been approved ...we are stronger when we are together
Sending an incomplete application wouldn't help if they did lose the application but I am SURE they did not. There are MANY people in the same boat - it is just taking longer than they say for reasons we do not know. It is better not to waste time and energy - just wait and it will come. Like avocadosandcheese.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
madmtl said:
83 days!
This is outrageous! I read the various discussion forums for years, and never the first step of sponsorship has been so long as now! we pay high fees, charges and taxes; in return they does not care about us. That's among lot of things that pushing me to consider leaving this country!
I called six or seven times the call center and I sent a fax to mississauga but no result.
if I stay in Canada until 2015 so I know which of these politicians will not have my vote!
you're fed of this bureaucratie, please sign the petition to change somethings for futur.
http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2
Thank you for whoever promoted my petition to the government. We are all suffering, not by the pre-scheduled long waiting, but by this very inefficient CIC process. We need to let the Ministry of Immigration know.

Just an update for you, so far we have 34 signatories. Please join us to sign the petition.

Please have a look on my other post for petition call
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/petition-call-to-ministry-of-immigration-for-cics-poor-practice-t100257.0.html

and again here is the petition link

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Sending an incomplete application wouldn't help if they did lose the application but I am SURE they did not. There are MANY people in the same boat - it is just taking longer than they say for reasons we do not know. It is better not to waste time and energy - just wait and it will come. Like avocadosandcheese.
They told him send copies...if I were him I would...to be on the safe side...they are the ones who lost his application if that were the case which I hope not

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
No believe it we are not even the whole picture...we are just a small slice of applicants
Is anyone here know how to report our stories (even just reword "liuminparis"'s petition) to Newspaper, such as Toronto Star or Globe and Mail. Sometimes, I saw immigration reporter wrote articles on those newpaper. This way imay be more efficient and broader impact than petition as "liuminparis" helped us to promote. Also, as "Dr Eng X" said our forum is the tip of the iceberg.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hang in there batch mates... This is truley disgusting and really unheard of, but I too believe that your application is there, they are just screwed in their processes... It shouldnt be surprising working with the government right.

Keep calli everyday...I know it's tough to hear the same answer over and over but who knows, that one extea call might just yield you a different answer.

Stay strong everyone, like dr x said, sticking together is critical, even for emotional support!

Where is the hug emocon when you need it. Xxxx