+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan/Feb Non sds indian applicants gather here.

the_walker

Sep 24, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Hi fellow applicants,

Here is my wife's student permit application timeline for reference -

Location of application - India
Program of choice - Less than 6 months (No medical exam required)

Applied - Feb 5, 2021 (Non-SDS)
Biometrics Request - Feb 7, 2021
Biometrics Submitted - Feb 9, 2021 (VFS - Chennai) (Opted for premium lounge service INR 3050/-)
Additional documents requested - April 9, 2021
Additional documents submitted - April 12, 2021
Passport Request - April 16, 2021

As mentioned above we just received verdict on her student permit. Next step would be to submit the passport to VFS and receive stamping from IRCC.

My question is specific to applicants who chose Premium Lounge service during the the biometric submission -

Is there a special way of approaching the passport submission compared to the normal method of submitting a webform for the passport pickup?

Also is there any tips/tricks involved in the passport submission process to receive the passport ASAP?

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Hi fellow applicants,

Here is my wife's student permit application timeline for reference -

Location of application - India
Program of choice - Less than 6 months (No medical exam required)

Applied - Feb 5, 2021 (Non-SDS)
Biometrics Request - Feb 7, 2021
Biometrics Submitted - Feb 9, 2021 (VFS - Chennai) (Opted for premium lounge service INR 3050/-)
Additional documents requested - April 9, 2021
Additional documents submitted - April 12, 2021
Passport Request - April 16, 2021

As mentioned above we just received verdict on her student permit. Next step would be to submit the passport to VFS and receive stamping from IRCC.

My question is specific to applicants who chose Premium Lounge service during the the biometric submission -

Is there a special way of approaching the passport submission compared to the normal method of submitting a webform for the passport pickup?

Also is there any tips/tricks involved in the passport submission process to receive the passport ASAP?
Hey, what additional documents were you asked to submit by IRCC?

the_walker

Sep 24, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Hey, what additional documents were you asked to submit by IRCC?
She was asked to submit -
1. Recent education's transcripts
2. Toefl/IELTS or language test results (Since it language test was not mandated, we wrote a letter of explanation for the exemption alongside a letter from college stating the same)

We wrote a really good letter of explanation covering all bases including answers covering common reasons for denial stated by other fellow applicants. I feel like that solidified our case.

Reactions: imisstraveling

hey13apple

Apr 10, 2021
Indian Citizen/UAE Resident and applied from UAE
1st application got rejected for Jan 2021 intake
1st Application date - 4th Nov 2020
1st Refusal date - 16th Dec 2020

Applied 2nd time for May 2021 intake
Application date - 22 Feb 2021
Medical passed date- 11 March 2021
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing.....
Background Check - We are processing your background check....
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.....

No update since then. I am worried as my classes will commence from 17 May 2021 and still there is no update about visa application. Can anyone suggest with their experience about what can be the probability of getting Visa before May 2021.

Apr 19, 2021
Indian Citizen/UAE Resident and applied from UAE
1st application got rejected for Jan 2021 intake
1st Application date - 4th Nov 2020
1st Refusal date - 16th Dec 2020

Applied 2nd time for May 2021 intake
Application date - 22 Feb 2021
Medical passed date- 11 March 2021
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing.....
Background Check - We are processing your background check....
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.....

No update since then. I am worried as my classes will commence from 17 May 2021 and still there is no update about visa application. Can anyone suggest with their experience about what can be the probability of getting Visa before May 2021.
Hey bro even i applied on the same date Feb 22nd my review started on April 12th , still waiting for my decision btw my classes start by May 10th

barcliff

Jun 30, 2016
Here's my timeline for my TRV (student visa) application as a returning student in case it helps anyone. Applied from India. Already have a renewed study permit.

Applied - Aug 30, 2020 (Non-SDS)
Biometrics Request - Aug 31, 2020
Biometrics Submitted - Jan 12, 2021 (VFS - Delhi) (Delay in biometrics submission because VAC closed for months due to COVID)
Biometrics updated the same day, medical upfront from last time.
Passport Request -

No updates since Jan 12 after biometrics submission. Current status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

vivektripathy20

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hi I am a non-sds applicant from india
Masters in Engineering at Uottawa
Application submitted:21st February
Biometric instruction letter:22nd February
Biometric completed and updated :26th February
Upfront medical examination:23rd January
Passed medical examination:20th April
Eligibility review started:20th April

vivektripathy20

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Correspondence or BVL letter:22nd April
Passport Request:22nd April

Reactions: inognito

hey13apple

Apr 10, 2021
1st application for Jan 2021 intake applied from UAE (Indian Resident) - 4 Nov 2020
1st Refusal - 16 Dec 2020

2nd application for May 2021 intake applied from UAE again- 22 feb 2021
2nd refusal - 22 Apr 2021

I am not deferring the program and will continue the classes for May 2021 intake. Parallely I will again apply from India. I am an employee of PSU bank in India and I am on sabbatical leaves of 2 years(to join my husband in Dubai) ending in Mar 2022 so I have to pursue an 8 months course only. Although if I get visa approval, I might leave my current job but what do you think..is there any chance of visa rejection? Following are the reasons mentioned for rejection:

•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (my sister has recently completed her Masters in canada and is currently on work permit)
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence

Please help

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014