+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 7th 2016. PPR Rain Batch. Got PPR !

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thanks Asivad anac, I finally managed to get roles and responsibilities from my boss, however he didnt write it correctly and completely!! 3 of the 6 points for my NOC was addressed but my title perfectly matches. How strict is CIC in matching duties to those stated in NOC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NeelaR said:
Thanks Asivad anac, I finally managed to get roles and responsibilities from my boss, however he didnt write it correctly and completely!! 3 of the 6 points for my NOC was addressed but my title perfectly matches. How strict is CIC in matching duties to those stated in NOC?
3/6 maybe acceptable. Job title is irrelevant. Duties alone matter while matching NOC.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NeelaR said:
Hi guys,

I'm requesting your advice as you're all very experienced in the immigration process.

My employer is refusing to include duties/responsibilities in the reference letter. Everything else will be given though. I have pushed them enough and now I'm worried I might put my current job in jeopardy!! I cannot do anything more, other than attaching the email where HR has stated that she cannot include duties/responsibilities as the company's global guideline does not allow her to add that. Please please let me know if this is a sure shot case for rejection of PR. I'm the main applicant!! Please tell me any alternatives I could try!! I've not received any provincial nomination. Thanks a ton!!!

TimeLine:
EE profile created - 3rd August 2015
IELTS 2nd attempt - 5th December 2015
ITA received - 18th December 2015 (CRS 475)
Medicals done - 7th January 2015 (don't know if I can see the update that CIC has received my results? Please help here too)
Collecting documents in progress.....
Deadline for accepting ITA by submitting docs - 16th Feb 2016

[/quote

you can write duties and responsibilities in a separate paper and send with your application

crosstheevil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Asivad Anac said:
The consequence of not providing a valid reference letter is refusal of PR application. CIC doesn't match job titles against NOCs. They expect job responsibilities to be spelt out in a valid reference letter (or a workaround as suggested by other members above) which can be matched against the main duties of the chosen NOC. If you don't provide them with a list of job responsibilities, they'll have no choice but to refuse your application. Self declarations won't help.
As for me, I drafted a work letter based on the NOC description and even put the NOC number there. Do you think it's ok to include NOC number in your work letter? Is it a bit suggestive and suspicious? LOL

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crosstheevil said:
As for me, I drafted a work letter based on the NOC description and even put the NOC number there. Do you think it's ok to include NOC number in your work letter? Is it a bit suggestive and suspicious? LOL

Thanks,
If you're employed within Canada, mentioning the NOC isn't suspicious.

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Honeyaustin said:
NeelaR said:
Hi guys,

I'm requesting your advice as you're all very experienced in the immigration process.

My employer is refusing to include duties/responsibilities in the reference letter. Everything else will be given though. I have pushed them enough and now I'm worried I might put my current job in jeopardy!! I cannot do anything more, other than attaching the email where HR has stated that she cannot include duties/responsibilities as the company's global guideline does not allow her to add that. Please please let me know if this is a sure shot case for rejection of PR. I'm the main applicant!! Please tell me any alternatives I could try!! I've not received any provincial nomination. Thanks a ton!!!

TimeLine:
EE profile created - 3rd August 2015
IELTS 2nd attempt - 5th December 2015
ITA received - 18th December 2015 (CRS 475)
Medicals done - 7th January 2015 (don't know if I can see the update that CIC has received my results? Please help here too)
Collecting documents in progress.....
Deadline for accepting ITA by submitting docs - 16th Feb 2016

[/quote

you can write duties and responsibilities in a separate paper and send with your application
Thank you, thats what I did. Sent the email from boss.

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
3/6 maybe acceptable. Job title is irrelevant. Duties alone matter while matching NOC.
Hmm....may be? :( :( Fingers crossed. Actually, 5 out of 6 do match. But current manager doesn't know details of what I did in my previous project, hence he refused to agree/certify. But I've also attached role description from (internal )company website stating duties for every job title and there it covers pretty much all 6 points stated in NOC description. Also, for safety sake, I attached a job opening ad for my role in same company, same location where it lists skills required and duties . Hope all these compensate for what my boss missed to certify....Would it?