+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2013 Application for Study permit.

funkyskunk

Feb 25, 2012
Hey,

So i am in Canada as a visitor and need to put together a study application to send out land. I need a few tips if anyone can help?

1. I have a BSC (Hons) in Communication, i have been accepted onto a Counselling Skills Program at a local community college. I have volunteer experience in this field, and want to gain a certificate qualification, so that i can eventually apply to a Masters Program in Clinical Counselling. Is this an acceptable explanation to include in the application? (As i know some people have been rejected for taking courses that are lower than their existing qualifications)

2. I have money to pay for the tuition fees, (roughly $8.000) my partner is paying our living expenses. Is it going to be acceptable to include our joint bank statements for the past 4 months showing his income? Or do i need to provide additional evidence?

3. This course includes a practicum, which involves doing a paid OR volunteer placement with a counselling agency for 3 months (to be taken at any time during the academic year) What do i need to do to ensure that i have permission to do this? Do i need to submit a work application, or is this something i can include on my study permit application.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!