+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I've been waiting 2 months now for Mexican police certificate

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
As explained I have sent fingerprints, photos and all paper work to Canadian embassy, immigration section. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193. Col Granada Mexico, D.F. 11520.

Sent it via FedEx and it was delivered and signed for.

Deadline issued by CIC is approaching and I should be uploading my police certificate within next few weeks.

Can someone tell me if there is an email or a phone number for the immigration section in Mexico? I called canadian Embassy in Mexico city but they wouldn't help, they said I cant contact the immigration section by phone.

Should I upload explanation and the proof of requesting police clearance to my CIC account (in place of where I should appload police certificate) or should I advise them another way?

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Goodday

i can imagine your frustration.
options you should look at are soliciting the help of a family member or friend

if the deadline approaches and still no success, then upload an explanation with a proof of request.

once the PCC arrives you can send as CSE and it will be uploaded to your account.

all the best

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
Hi.
Im not Mexican, I dont have friend or family in Mexico.

"once the PCC arrives you can send as CSE and it will be uploaded to your account."

where would I send it? I thought they send it to CIC and it gets uploaded by CIC?

ravi150580

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/04/2015
AOR Received.
30/04/2015
Med's Done....
12/05/2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
19-12-2015
Jones. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I have completed 60 days last week. The Mexico visa office always gives standard reply -

"The application is in process and results will be sent directly to the CIC office/mission processing your file as soon as they become available. We are unable to advise of processing times at this time as third party processing times are involved and outside of our control."

I am frustrated as hell myself.I guess there is nothing we could do but wait.

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, did you already notice this in indications to get Police Certificates in Mexico?:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
You should apply (send the forms, docs and pay) and upload a letter saying that your country required an official request. After that you will receive instructions.

If you guys are talking about "deadline" I am afraid you are trying to get police certificates BEFORE submit the application.

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
ravi150580 said:
Jones. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I have completed 60 days last week. The Mexico visa office always gives standard reply -

"The application is in process and results will be sent directly to the CIC office/mission processing your file as soon as they become available. We are unable to advise of processing times at this time as third party processing times are involved and outside of our control."

I am frustrated as hell myself.I guess there is nothing we could do but wait.
Did you upload something in the place where your PC should go? Or did you just leave it?

ravi150580

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/04/2015
AOR Received.
30/04/2015
Med's Done....
12/05/2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
19-12-2015
Jones, I uploaded a letter of explanation, quoting the exact words from the CIC website, where they say that 'they will ask for it later once the application is submitted'. I have also forwarded all the communication between myself and Canadian Embassy in Mexico to CIC Ottawa (where my file is currently sititing), advising them of all the followup I have been doing to get the document.
Lets keep in touch Jones. keep me informed of your progress. Wish you luck.

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
"Lets keep in touch Jones. keep me informed of your progress"

Absolutely.

I have a question. I have requested Police Certifcate from Mexico once I was asked by the CIC to do it, they emailed me and asked me to upload it to my EE profile (where new "upload" button showed up).

I was planning on uploading the explanation there because my deadline is almost here. How do you know your file is in CIC Ottawa? I thought evertthing was done electronically now.

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So now I am on this situation, CIC just requested Police certificates today.

Anybody have any notice already? I am checking other threads in CEC program, and looks like is taking forever.

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
Im still waiting, got an extension from CIC, it's ridiculous really. I have attempted to email Visa Sectionin Mexico to check on the progress and it's like talking to a bunch of monkeys.

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry about that Jones, I am from Mexico and would like to say you are wrong but it is always like that . I am sure your papers are on a desk in Mexico City waiting for a signature or something like that.

This is from another program (CEC) but I think we are facing the same timeline.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales-t274653.0.html

At least there are some successful cases after more than 5 months wait.

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks, yes I know. I read through that thread and it looks like they had a hold up because of some issues, hopefully I will have it within a month or so. :-[