+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I've been called for an extra blood test.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I did an upfront medical last month and received a call from the clinic a couple of days ago to say that CIC requested an extra blood test for kidney function.

I'm on vacation at the moment so can't do anything about it butI'm a bit panicky. Does this kind of thing seem to happen frequently? I'm worrying that I'm going to fall at the first hurdle.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Taddy said:
I did an upfront medical last month and received a call from the clinic a couple of days ago to say that CIC requested an extra blood test for kidney function.

I'm on vacation at the moment so can't do anything about it butI'm a bit panicky. Does this kind of thing seem to happen frequently? I'm worrying that I'm going to fall at the first hurdle.
For spousal sponsorship, being a drain on the health system is not a barrier to immigration. As long as you've not got something contagious, you should be ok.

http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-medical-inadmissibility.html

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Strangely comforting - thank you!

Being a drain was exactly what I thought they were trying to exclude. I'm resident in the UAE so reliant on blood tests for contagious illnesses anyway so shouldn'tbe any problems there.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Taddy said:

Normally CIC gives one month to do the test...
you should find out what is the time frame to submit the sample.

I would not worry.... Just do the blood test and you will find out if it is any issue,
but it wont stop you application.

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
Taddy said:

My CIC doctor in California ordered a serum creatinine test (which shows kidney function) right off the bat during my physical when I told him I had high blood pressure but my condition was under control with prescription medication (My BP was normal when they checked my BP at his office so he knew it was under control). He said CIC always requests a blood test for applicants with high BP's, so he now orders the serum creatinine test before CIC even asks.

I also know the creatinine test is called for when an applicant has diabetes or your urine shows any kind of abnormality.

Personally, my creatinine came back normal. I wasn't too worried though - since I've been told you don't get denied for mundane diseases for spousal sponsorship.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Thanks everyone, I'm not s worried as I was. I will be able to get a repeat test done within the month.

I wondered why they're asking for this blood test if excessive demand is waived anyway, but when I thought about it, it makes sense. It's an upfront medical and my application was only received within the last few weeks so it's not actually under application yet so I don't think they know what type of sponsorship that medical is for yet (if I've explained myself properly...)

Enachioken007

Nov 9, 2023
My medical test result reveals that I have an elevated Serum Creatinine slightly above upper limit of normal - 120 (71 - 115) umol/l.

However, I have no history of Chronic kidney disease nor are they features of end-organ damage., I am also not hypertensive nor diabetic. eGFR- 66mL/min/1.73m2.

Please how will this elevated Serum Creatinine affect my Canada visa application ?? I will appreciate answers from well informed people... Thanks in advance..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My medical test result reveals that I have an elevated Serum Creatinine slightly above upper limit of normal - 120 (71 - 115) umol/l.

However, I have no history of Chronic kidney disease nor are they features of end-organ damage., I am also not hypertensive nor diabetic. eGFR- 66mL/min/1.73m2.

Please how will this elevated Serum Creatinine affect my Canada visa application ?? I will appreciate answers from well informed people... Thanks in advance..
It’s not very high so unlikely. You’ll need to retest your blood.