+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Visa refusal questions

akhilpuri9

Jul 9, 2024
Hi, I got an ITA and am filling out the Statutory Questions

With regards to the questions -

Has *** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

AND

Has *** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

What is the difference between the two? Please help!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Has *** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

AND

Has *** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Have you applied for any of those and were denied? If no, your answer should be no. The difference is in visa or travel document type that gets issued to you between the two.

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023

AND

The first question, in other words, asks if you have ever been denied any type of visa to any country, including immigration, tourist, work visas, etc. The second question, in other words, asks if you have ever been denied entry to any country, including with a visa, or if you have ever been ordered to leave a country, including through deportation and similar situations.