+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Receivers - June 13th 2018

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I think they are logical and reasonable. But I let you be the knowledgeable one to write more than a sentence.
I have seen CEC applicants getting PR in 21 days and also seen other CEC applicants getting in more than 15 months as well.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-in-21-days.572627/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eligibility-review-for-more-than-10-months-join-here.589689/#post-7305099

The saskatchewan_regina forum member is under 30 yrs of age and single

There is nothing like a country specific quota.

The preferred NOC was a topic earlier but not any longer under the EE.

Your application is not processed faster if you are single Vs you are applying as a family

Countries you have lived in or countries where you are from again varies. I have seen people from Middle East and Pakistan getting there PPR under 6 months while others from the same countries getting stuck for over a year, so one cannot generalize this as well

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I received ITA on June 13th 2018.
Submitted all the documents on Aug 31, 2018 and received confirmation email also.
It showed processing time as 6 months (Feb 28, 2019) to get PPR (passport request).
On Feb 27th 2019, status changed to processing taking longer than usual.

Did anybody face something similar?

If yes, then after how many days after 6 months did they get PPR?

On a separate note, did somebody received PPR before 6 months itself.
Hi Nitin,
The myCIC account will not show any significant update(except for few ghost updates) till your passport is stamped or you receive the CoPR.

You can speak with the IRCC call center agent. You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - Monday toFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canada youcan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outside Canada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you are outside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask the following questions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check - Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Received the PPR in less than 3 months.
I'm more then 30 years old, my country is not in the any quota (at least not written anywhere...).
For sure police report and clarity of documents interfere in the process.
And yes it can take 12 months. Although if you have not called them I suggest you do, but don't call them everytime... not more than once a month.
Congratulations Suzanabruni! Were you outland or inland? Happy for you!

Reactions: suzanabruni

suzanabruni

Jun 27, 2018
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Thanks!
Outland
Did the landing in October at Pearson (TO)
Got the SIN number there. The PR card took 4 months to arrive, they asked for new photos in December...
Congratulations Suzanabruni! Were you outland or inland? Happy for you!

Nitin0522

Jun 6, 2018
Same as yours, still waiting. The duration is subjective. Some factors to consider:
  1. I have seen messages of people taking almost a year. So your worst option is august 2019.
  2. I have seen people getting within 3 months but these are mostly applicants within canada
  3. younger than 30.
  4. country quota (based on your current passport not country of residence)
  5. number of countries you lived in (police clearance)
  6. and of course, clarity of your documents.
  7. number of (family) members applying
  8. may be to some extent... preferred NOCs
Thanks Sri. Will keep you all posted on my timelines.