+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received. IELTS expiring in 20 days & PCC arrives in 45 days!

SourabhS

Dec 11, 2023
I received the ITA on Dec 7th and applied for the Indian PCC at the VFS centre here in Melbourne. I was informed that it would take up to 45 days for the PCC to arrive.

I am dealing with two time-sensitive issues
  1. My IELTS expires on Dec 31.
  2. The Police Clearance Certificate will take up to 45 days.
I would prefer not to retake the IELTS test. I am wondering if it it's acceptable to upload the PCC later and add an LOE for now with the PCC confirmation receipt.

Can I submit the application now using the PCC acknowledgement receipt before the expiry of my IELTS scores?
Given the 60-day window provided by IRCC for applying, will there be concerns regarding why I did not choose to retake the IELTS test instead of rushing the application?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Unfortunately it is neither so easy nor acceptable to just upload an LOE for not submitting PCC.

Refer - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

It says,

Option 2: Prove you applied for the police certificate
In very rare cases, we may accept both a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time. (For example, you applied in the first week after we invited you to apply, but it did not arrive within the 60-day timeframe).

Clearly says that if PCC doesnt arrive on time ( read 60 days window) . If your PCC is expected in 45 days, you wont make your best effort as mentioned in above point :)

To add, it is mentioned in bold - in very rear cases. So assume you really need to have a solid reason to not to submit a PCC

Reactions: SourabhS

SourabhS

Dec 11, 2023
Unfortunately it is neither so easy nor acceptable to just upload an LOE for not submitting PCC.

Refer - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

It says,

Option 2: Prove you applied for the police certificate
In very rare cases, we may accept both a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time. (For example, you applied in the first week after we invited you to apply, but it did not arrive within the 60-day timeframe).

Clearly says that if PCC doesnt arrive on time ( read 60 days window) . If your PCC is expected in 45 days, you wont make your best effort as mentioned in above point :)

To add, it is mentioned in bold - in very rear cases. So assume you really need to have a solid reason to not to submit a PCC
Thank you! This implies I must await the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and potentially retake the IELTS test. I achieved a CLB 9 in my previous attempt, and I'm concerned that a lower score could render me ineligible to utilize this ITA.

SourabhS

Dec 11, 2023
Update: With 40 days still left to go, I applied (on 29th Dec) with PCC acknowledgement proof and a LoE. I submitted the PCC via webform two weeks (14th Jan 2024) after applying. There were no issues. I got requests for biometrics and medical examination.