+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received before completing 1 year Canadian work experience

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have received my ITA but I'll complete one year next month.. should I wait to apply and then accept the invitation after I complete one year ?
Wait for a month,gather all docs in the meantime, once the month completes submit your application.

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
Hi All,

Help needed!! I appreciate if someone can respond with a most accurate answer for my below query without guessing. Please.

CRS Points: 473 (including one year Canadian work experience)

I'm currently on PGWP

I have created the express entry profile on June 01, 2019. I received ITA under Canadian Experience Class in the following week (on June 12, 2019) draw. However, I will complete my one year Canadian work Experience by July 30th, 2019. Please clarify my below questions.

I got 60 days to respond, ITA is valid until 08th August 2019.

1. Should i accept or decline this invitation.?
OR
2. Shall i accept the received ITA after July 30th 2019 and proceed further in submitting the application??
OR
3. Shall i decline now and accept the next ITA anytime in the month of July 2019.
OR
4. Should i decline now and wait until i complete my 1 year??

Thanks,

Navin
Hi,

Could you please tell me what you did then?
Did you apply with that ITA and was it approved?
Please let me know about this as someone I know is in the similar situation. He is completing 3 years of experience in August but received an ITA yesterday.

Thank you

Vam-v2-p

Jul 2, 2024
I guess we no need to worry with that 1 or 2 month shortfall. collect all your documents and apply once you have everything. it might take at least 2 months for the case officer to look at your documents. by that time you will have those 2 months covered.
If notice one more thing. you will just specify when you started the work in Canada , you haven't said you completed one year. the tool will automatically considered your experience as 1 year, so lets not worry about that.

Reactions: StarO

SNP0201

Mar 27, 2020
Hi,

Could you please tell me what you did then?
Did you apply with that ITA and was it approved?
Please let me know about this as someone I know is in the similar situation. He is completing 3 years of experience in August but received an ITA yesterday.

Thank you
Accept ITA and submit your application once you complete 3 years of experience.

SNP0201

Mar 27, 2020
I guess we no need to worry with that 1 or 2 month shortfall. collect all your documents and apply once you have everything. it might take at least 2 months for the case officer to look at your documents. by that time you will have those 2 months covered.
If notice one more thing. you will just specify when you started the work in Canada , you haven't said you completed one year. the tool will automatically considered your experience as 1 year, so lets not worry about that.
That's not true. Date and time are locked when you submit your application. Even though an officer will start working on your application after a few months, you must prove that whatever you claimed was valid on the day you submitted your application. IRCC takes the submission date into account.

Also, your eligibility date is the day you received your ITA. It means if you're invited under CEC and you do not have at least a year (365 days of experience, 30 hour/week × 52 weeks = 1560 total hours) of experience on that day, you're not eligible.