+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received 01/23/2024 . Visa refusals ! Help!

CanadianSnowBird

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
OINP HCP (Healthcare) -submitted - 08/11/2023
Hi !
I was wondering if anyone can help with our situation:

My husband(dependent )and I(primary applicant) received our Ontario nomination on Jan 11. We have just received our ITA but we were a bit saddened when we saw that it is required for my us to state prior visa refusals. My husband has 2 visa refusals to the US(tourist visa(B1/B2)/student visa(F1)) which were refused almost 6 years ago.Prior to that , he was in the US, never broke any laws but didn't satisfy visa criteria in his subsequent applications.

He also briefly attended a British university before but it was difficult to pay it off and he left the UK , a month ago he received an email from the school stating that he could go back but he would have to pay the fees and apply for a new visa so there wasn't any bad blood between them. He couldn't take me to the UK as a student(Tier 4 students that are not enrolled in a master's program or higher can't invite their relatives and I couldn't get a visa(never applied though) because I freshly graduated my med school) so we chose to move to Canada together, instead of spending years apart.

What are our chances of getting approved after he reveals all prior refusals and the current situation with the UK?
Thank you all in advance and have a wonderful day!

Reactions: Jahan2304

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
As long as your hubby never broke his visa-rules while staying in US/ UK and has no criminal history there, it shouldn't be an issue.
PCC will be required from all countries he lived for >6 months.

Having visa refusal is not a problem either if disclosed and cause is properly explained. Same for his brief stint with overseas education.
Not disclosing on the contrary will attract probing from the case-officer, and can affect.

CanadianSnowBird

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
Thank you so very much!

Could you please clarify if they count 6 consecutive months for a PCC to be required ? Also, what if we stayed in a country for 5 months but only as tourists?
We are now in Colombia and we've been here for 3 months and might stay for another 3 ,but then again,as tourists.

And he had been present in the UK(it was during the pandemic ) for 5 months before the April of 2021 when they(international students) were allowed to leave and he continued he studies remotely after a year of his remote studies I graduated and we started our long journey moving from country to country while working on our immigration, he wasn't present in the UK though. I am afraid him not being there full time might be an issue. International students are obliged to be in the UK and he didn't have any other online classes afterwards and eventually was notified about his expulsion.We were trapped in our country in the beginning though and managed to leave it only in 2022 .God I hope it is going to be alright. I am also counting on the fact that he is a dependent and not the main applicant ,perhaps they will be less concerned about him....

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
No-one (even IRCC) is oblivious of the fact that around pandemic rules changed and intl students completed studies remotely or opted out. Because of your unique case, you are going into frenzy. Expulsion from University is different than being deported from a country; and cant be viewed in same light. I think as long as you are able to explain he didn’t return to UK due to unstability or any logical reason, its not a big deal!
You being the main applicant is def a bonus in your scenario. So, take it easy.

As far as PCC is concerned, continuous stay of 6 months is required. Not 5, not 3+3 in 1 year.

Reactions: CanadianSnowBird

CanadianSnowBird

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
And ,once again , we really appreciate your answer, thank you so much!!
With the hope you've given us, we're keeping our fingers crossed and eagerly anticipating a positive outcome

Reactions: Pdm_ca