+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Proof Of Funds

graeme.baker

Sep 26, 2016
Hi all,

So I've got my ITA, and im ready to upload all my docs, but I had one quick question. Do I only need to show accounts that have enough money to meet the requirements to arrive in Canada (BC), or should I get proof of funds and debts from EVERY financial institution, regardless of whether I'll use those funds when coming to Canada?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
graeme.baker said:
Hi all,

So I've got my ITA, and im ready to upload all my docs, but I had one quick question. Do I only need to show accounts that have enough money to meet the requirements to arrive in Canada (BC), or should I get proof of funds and debts from EVERY financial institution, regardless of whether I'll use those funds when coming to Canada?

Thanks
If you have sufficient funds in one or more accounts that would be enough to be shown as POF. To know more about POF, check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-express-entry-t263315.990.html

babadi

Jul 29, 2016
graeme.baker said:
Hi all,

Thanks
This is exactly my doubt! I have enough funds in my saving account, but I am not sure if I need to provide the bank letter for my other financial institutions

kamransaeed15

Sep 26, 2016
islamabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry if i am asking questgion in op thread
i have funds in my moms account and i will be using those funds before and even after coming to canada if i required more other then cad 10k in cash with me
can this be accepted or i have to transfer that funds in my account ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamransaeed15 said:
sorry if i am asking questgion in op thread
i have funds in my moms account and i will be using those funds before and even after coming to canada if i required more other then cad 10k in cash with me
can this be accepted or i have to transfer that funds in my account ?
The funds must be in an account in your name.

kamransaeed15

Sep 26, 2016
islamabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks then i will be moving funds in to my account so i can show as proof as well as take them away with me too in canada

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kamransaeed15 said:
thanks then i will be moving funds in to my account so i can show as proof as well as take them away with me too in canada
The money should be in your bank account 6 months prior to ita i think,you will need a loe from your mum stating that she is giving that money as a gift and wont need them back

AKM84

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

I have the required funds but I am not able to get "an official letter" from my bank. Would 6 months bank statement with banks seal be accepted?

If yes, has anyone tired this and worked?

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
I'd say keep it simple. If you own one or two accounts which has sufficient funds to cover the minimum POF, then just declare those.

The only exception is if you have existing loans at the moment (CIC is very particular with those). If you have some outstanding, then show a bit more of your assets to show that the loan can easily be offset by the existing assets.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
LokiJr01 said:
I'd say keep it simple. If you own one or two accounts which has sufficient funds to cover the minimum POF, then just declare those.

The only exception is if you have existing loans at the moment (CIC is very particular with those). If you have some outstanding, then show a bit more of your assets to show that the loan can easily be offset by the existing assets.
I think if he shows pof covering the required amount for immigration its not neccessary to declare other accounts.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey folks

We received ITA two weeks ago and we are almost finished gathering all the documents. The only problem is that we have accounts with 3 different banks and there is no way we can create a PDF file under 4MB for upload. The problem is the 6-months-bank-statements, they take too much space!

Any ideas?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
nonnemacher said:
hey folks

We received ITA two weeks ago and we are almost finished gathering all the documents. The only problem is that we have accounts with 3 different banks and there is no way we can create a PDF file under 4MB for upload. The problem is the 6-months-bank-statements, they take too much space!

Any ideas?
Does the 3 banks cover your pof requirements or they are extra?

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Does the 3 banks cover your pof requirements or they are extra?
Unfortunately I need those 3 bank statements for POF

The problem is that all the banks are saying that I have to attach the 6 months bank statements, even though we asked them to include only the final balance for each month on the letter, plain and simple. If they did that we would have enough room to upload the 3 letters

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
nonnemacher said:
Unfortunately I need those 3 bank statements for POF

The problem is that all the banks are saying that I have to attach the 6 months bank statements, even though we asked them to include only the final balance for each month on the letter, plain and simple. If they did that we would have enough room to upload the 3 letters
Maybe you should try and find an it tech,he might be able to help you