ITA - FSW. I think I screw up!!! URGENT

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella2g said:
Hi Asivad,

POF is CAD 15000, we are a family of three. Yes, ECA is done.
Could POF be the reason. ?
Looks like it. For a family of 3, it should at least be 18,260 CAD.

ella2g

Jul 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Looks like it. For a family of 3, it should at least be 18,260 CAD.
It was indeed POF. Thanks Asivad
Now, does it really matter if one is already qualified under CEC to have FSW qualified as well. My understanding is if one qualifies under any one category, after that its just a matter of CRS points right ?
Or m i missing something.,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella2g said:
It was indeed POF. Thanks Asivad
Now, does it really matter if one is already qualified under CEC to have FSW qualified as well. My understanding is if one qualifies under any one category, after that its just a matter of CRS points right ?
Or m i missing something.,
You are right - once you are qualified in any category then it boils down to CRS.

However if you're qualified under both CEC and FSW, CIC will send you an ITA under FSW.

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
Hi Dobes,

You said "I have done that. My documents asked for the job offer, which I uploaded. It is full-time, non-seasonal, permanent, and NOT supported by LMIA."

Are you also in the same situation where you said YES to the job offer and NO to the LMIA option? (when my answer should've been "No" for both)

But when I saw the checklist, the system didn't request to upload the job offer letter, so I assume I can change the answer to NO and still explain the reason? I'm a bit confused because yours asked for the job offer and mine didn't, assuming we are under the same LMIA exempt FSW invitation.

Please let me know ! :(

Thanks,

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
HI Asivad

Seems, you have gud knowledge abt EE overall. My case is :

1st :V got ITA under last weeks draw. My husband is principal applicant under CEC but we are invited under FSW. Score is 465

2nd : We are on implied status and have no LMIA so chances of OWP getting approved are almost nil. Our PGWP expired in June and we should be hearing tht result by 1st week of sept.

Shud I decline my invitation and make new profile after going back or it's better to stay in country?
Will our file be still active under same conditions if we go back ?

I am very confused what to do? we have already booked tkts to go back as we never expected any ITA. I don't mind to cancel them if its really going to be worth it.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujap said:
HI Asivad

1st :V got ITA under last weeks draw. My husband is principal applicant under CEC but we are invited under FSW. Score is 465

2nd : We are on implied status and have no LMIA so chances of OWP getting approved are almost nil. Our PGWP expired in June and we should be hearing tht result by 1st week of sept.

Shud I decline my invitation and make new profile after going back or it's better to stay in country?

I am very confused what to do? we have already booked tkts to go back as we never expected any ITA. I don't mind to cancel them if its really going to be worth it.

Thanks
You can choose to return to your home country. I don't see any reasons why you would decline an ITA either ways unless you are missing some documents. Even in that case, you can still apply now and update those documents using a CSE when required.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi guys,

I went through my profile. There are two questions regarding LMIA.

1. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

2. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

And there is a separate question about the job offer:

Does XXXX have a job offer in Canada?

If "job offer" in the question above referred to "valid job offer", then why they ask separate questions about LMIA again?

If you answered "No" to LMIA then you didn't misrepresent. It is just a matter of common sense.
I suspect at some point in the past, there was no separate question about LMIA, and that thing in CIC help centre that says you should answer "No" to the quesiton of job offer, if you don't have LMIA, is simply old.

What do you think?

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
anujap said:
HI Asivad

Thanks

You can try restoring of your status in Canada. I have heard that you can still stay in Canada when you do a restoration of status but you have to quit your job. Maybe search on this forum, you will find more people who have applied for restoration of status. I think it could be a solution if you don't want to go leave Canada all of a sudden. I have only heard about this so I would advice you to do some research on this.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhworld said:
Hmm..that makes sense but what about this part? It says i need to meet "all" the conditions. Am I misinterpreting this phrase?

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.
You are conflating the words "conditions" and "selection factors". The conditions are the given hours spent working in an NOC-eligible occupation. If you meet those "conditions", you then get points for the "selection factors". Your points in those six areas must total 67 or more to be eligible for FSW.

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
You can choose to return to your home country. I don't see any reasons why you would decline an ITA either ways unless you are missing some documents. Even in that case, you can still apply now and update those documents using a CSE when required.

Thanks for your reply Asivad. My only concern was since I am on implied status, " I have answered "YES" for valid work permit Qstn in EE which is legally correct. But, if I leave country, that answer has should change or not as I will bt out of status then?

Also, when I i will submit my documents to complete application, should I correct that answer to "NO" or leave it as it is ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujap said:
Thanks for your reply Asivad. My only concern was since I am on implied status, " I have answered "YES" for valid work permit Qstn in EE which is legally correct. But, if I leave country, that answer has should change or not as I will bt out of status then?

Also, when I i will submit my documents to complete application, should I correct that answer to "NO" or leave it as it is ?
Always answer based on what is real at that point in time. So if your work authorization situation changes on accord of leaving the country so should the answer to that question.

I imagine your EE profile allows you to make these changes till you get an ITA (and probably after that as well, haven't checked so I'm not sure of this).

Hope that helps. Others have weighed in with their opinions and suggestions as well so you can take a well informed decision now.

All the best!

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
    • roync1031 said:
      Q1. Why didn't I get points for my job offer?

To get points from the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer under Express Entry, your employer will need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if a Canadian employer has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job, and that job offer is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA, you should answer “No” and create a Job Seeker account in Job Bank.

Q2. I have a job offer but the system says I need to register in Job Bank. Why?

You have to register with Job Bank unless your job offer is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

If you have a job offer that meets the requirements, be sure to answer "Yes" to the question "Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?" This is found under the Work Experience form of your Express Entry profile.

If your job offer does not meet the requirements, you should answer “No” and you must register in Job Bank to become a candidate in the Express Entry pool.

Meet the requirements explanation --> If you have a job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in MyCIC with: Employer name and address, Start date, Labour Market Impact Assessment number, and NOC code related to the job

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
      A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
      for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
      skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
      and either:

* the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada
    roync1031 said:
    OR

*you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
    - you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
    - you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
    your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

Q3. I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?

Your job offer is only valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
    has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada.

The only time that an employer making you a job offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on that LMIA.

So, my conclusion is that as a PGWP holder without job offer that is be rated as positive under LMIA, or my work permit is not a work permit that is based on LMIA, should choose "NO" for the question Do you have a job offer in Canada? under both FSW and CEC categories.
    Hi. Good day!

I just want to ask for your advice if you think my husband was eligible to be part of the EE pool since he met the following category:

* the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada

OR

*you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
- you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
- you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

He haven't tried creating EE Profile as he was still waiting for the WES result. Is it much better to create a EE Profile now to check if he was eligible?

Thanks in advance!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roync1031 said:
Hi everyone,

I have 466 CRS score and received 12th round invitation. However, I am invited under FSW category. I think I have screwed up on my profile, because I put "yes" for the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? and then put "no" subsequently for the question do I have a LMIA?. I think I was confused by that whole section of questions and thought that it would not matter if I indicated "no" for LMIA, since I did not claim 600 points.

Now, should I proceed to complete my application for PR, or should I reject the invitation and wait for another round? I still have one year left on my PGWP. I am worried. Does anyone have CIC's number that I can call? :(

If I proceed with my application, when I need to submit my documents, does the e-application ask for a LMIA-support job offer letter under FSW? Or, should I change my answer to the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? to "no" in the information review stage?
I did the same and I have made it to Decision Made status - and I don't consider it a mistake, as most people do. Either way, it's fine, as you didn't claim points you don't deserve. The real difference between a CEC invitation and an FSW without LMIA one is that you should have the PoF in the bank, free and clear, for FSW. For CEC you can write 0 funds and still get invited.

If you have the money, don't decline the invitation! You'll be that much closer to PR.