+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - FSW. I think I screw up!!! URGENT

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
Yeah...I've realized that I should've said no after getting ITA..it wouldn't have made any changes to my scores anyway..but now that invitation is received, i'm facing whether or not I should someow persuade my current employer (pgwp) to get the offer of employment, or change the answer to 'no' in the PR profile and submit with an explanation letter, or simply withdraw my ITA and wait to be selected again to be absolutely on the safe side..but I might have to wait another few months to get another invitation since my score isn't high without the LMIA..Sigh..I wish there was someone on this forum who experienced this already and got a successful PR.. :-[

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
  • thenewbie said:
    "If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA, you should answer “No” and create a Job Seeker account in Job Bank."

The above line is taken directly from the CIC Help website. I know we can interpret the meaning of "Job Offer" in several ways but what matters is the CIC definition.

To conclude if your job offer is not supported by a positive LMIA just answer "No" to avoid any complications.
Thanks for the info :) CIC shouldnt have made this part so much confusing in express entry profile.

ella2g

Jul 8, 2015
Hi all,

I was going through this thread and like the OP, I also said Yes, to the qns 'Do you have a Job offer in Canada' and subsequent answers 'NO' for 'Do you have LMIA'

After, reading this thread and particularly the CIC explanation in this thread, I changed my answer to 'NO' for the qns 'Do you have Job Offer in Canada' and the subsequent questions than do not appear. I went ahead and re-submit my profile. My score do not change, however the only change that I see is that now I do not met the Federal Skilled Worker criteria. But it does says that I met the CEC criteria

My Question:
I have read somewhere, that one needs to have met the FSW criteria in order to be considered in the pool. Is it true ?. How do I check that I have met the 67 points cut off for FSW. I have occupation in NOC code 2175.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella2g said:
Hi all,

I was going through this thread and like the OP, I also said Yes, to the qns 'Do you have a Job offer in Canada' and subsequent answers 'NO' for 'Do you have LMIA'

After, reading this thread and particularly the CIC explanation in this thread, I changed my answer to 'NO' for the qns 'Do you have Job Offer in Canada' and the subsequent questions than do not appear. I went ahead and re-submit my profile. My score do not change, however the only change that I see is that now I do not met the Federal Skilled Worker criteria. But it does says that I met the CEC criteria

My Question:
I have read somewhere, that one needs to have met the FSW criteria in order to be considered in the pool. Is it true ?. How do I check that I have met the 67 points cut off for FSW. I have occupation in NOC code 2175.

Check it here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
ella2g said:
Hi all,

My Question:
Hi, what is your score for FSW based on the six factors?

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
HI guys

I am also stuck in same situation. My husband qualifies under CEC but we got invited under FSW. We don't have LMIA job and already on implied status with very less chances of permit getting extended as no LMIA.
Should v also answer "No" for valid job offer or just decline and make a new profile after leaving the country as chances of applying for BOWP are almost NIL as AOR will take 2-3 months.

In case if we leave the country, we must show proof of funds right ?

plz suggests ?

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
I have another question.

My score is on 400s and if I got invitation under FSW program but no LMIA job offer - am I still qualified under the FSW program? Was I invited to the FSW category because I put 'yes' to job offer in the intended work experience (but no for LMIA availability)??? Does it mean I'm supposed to be invited under CEC instead of FSW? My profile said I met both CEC and FSW.. :-[ Below is the requirement of FSW requirements..

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.Footnote 1

The selection factors are:

your skills in English and/or French (Canada's two official languages),
your education,
your work experience,
your age,
whether you have a valid job offer, and
your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).
To see how many points you might get, read about the selection factors.

If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, use our Come to Canada tool to see if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
lhworld said:
I have another question.

My score is on 400s and if I got invitation under FSW program but no LMIA job offer - am I still qualified under the FSW program? Was I invited to the FSW category because I put 'yes' to job offer in the intended work experience (but no for LMIA availability)??? Does it mean I'm supposed to be invited under CEC instead of FSW? My profile said I met both CEC and FSW.. :-[ Below is the requirement of FSW requirements..

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.Footnote 1

your education,
your work experience,
your age,

If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, use our Come to Canada tool to see if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.
A valid job offer will give you 10 pts. If you do not have a valid job offer (same as me), then you are not awarded pts for that factor. So, make sure you still meet 67 pts minimum requirement so that you are eligible for FSW.

Any one agree with me?

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
Hmm..that makes sense but what about this part? It says i need to meet "all" the conditions. Am I misinterpreting this phrase?

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
lhworld said:
Hmm..that makes sense but what about this part? It says i need to meet "all" the conditions. Am I misinterpreting this phrase?

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B) ,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

Find out the NOC code, title and skill type or level for your job.

Language ability

You must:

meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7, and
take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.
You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.

Education

You must have:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
OR

a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

Six selection factors
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements (see above), we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.

your education,
your work experience,
your age,

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhworld said:
I have another question.

Six selection factors

your education,
your work experience,
your age,

You are of course eligible for FSW. Before EE that was not true, but now it is. You don't get FSW points for your non-LMIA supported job but you are eligible if you meet the 67 point threshold. There are MANY people in this forum who got PPR under EE WITHOUT LMIA, and don't let people tell you differently.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • roync1031 said:
    Has anyone who got ITA tested by answering "yes" to whether you have a job offer in Canada then "No" to whether the job is supported by LMIA and "NO" to whether your work permit is issued based on LMIA, then proceed to the document upload section, and see whether the placeholder for attach job offer letter is there? If so, that job offer letter appears to be referred as a valid job offer letter by meeting all of those requirements but not simply a regular job offer letter saying you are hired.
I have done that. My documents asked for the job offer, which I uploaded. It is full-time, non-seasonal, permanent, and NOT supported by LMIA.

ella2g

Jul 8, 2015
roync1031 said:
Hi, what is your score for FSW based on the six factors?
My score is 70 out of 100 based on the six factors. I am not quite sure why my EE profile says 'Federal Skilled Worker Not Met'. Anyone have any clue ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ella2g said:
My score is 70 out of 100 based on the six factors. I am not quite sure why my EE profile says 'Federal Skilled Worker Not Met'. Anyone have any clue ?
Check the POF amount entered. Have you done an ECA for foreign education credentials?

ella2g

Jul 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Check the POF amount entered. Have you done an ECA for foreign education credentials?
Hi Asivad,

POF is CAD 15000, we are a family of three. Yes, ECA is done.
Could POF be the reason. ?