+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Enquiry October 2021

moin205

Jan 12, 2021
Hi all. I submitted my express entry profile in January 2021. As my express entry profile will expire in only a few weeks' time, I was wondering if there have been any changes made to ITA processing times recently. Also, can I request an update from the IRCC department regarding my express entry profile?
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you got an ITA in January and submitted your PR application? Or your name is in the pool and you are waiting for an ITA? If so there have been no EE-FSW draws in 2021. Your profile will expired and you will need to update it. IRCC don’t need to do anything.

Last edited:

moin205

Jan 12, 2021
So you got an ITA in January and submitted your PR application? Or your name is in the pool and you are waiting for an ITA? If so there have been no EE-FSW draws in 2021. Your profile will expired and you will need to update it. IRCC don’t need to do anything.
Thanks for responding.
It's the latter. I submitted my express entry profile in January, currently waiting for ITA.
Based on your feedback, is there any reason why we haven't had EE-FSW draws this year? Also, can I not request for an update from IRCC regarding my profile?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks for responding.
It's the latter. I submitted my express entry profile in January, currently waiting for ITA.
Based on your feedback, is there any reason why we haven't had EE-FSW draws this year? Also, can I not request for an update from IRCC regarding my profile?
What update are you going to be asking from IRCC?
The application is complete only after you receive your ITA and submit all the necessary documents.
Also, there's a 1 year validity for the profile to expire - do take a look at PNP programs if you are eligible.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Thanks for responding.
The reason is called COVID-19 which lead Canada to change its immigration policy and focus on giving a pathway to Permanent Residency to people that were already in Canada. This means that ITAs were put on hold for EE-FSW draws and even though the borders are now opened, there is still no indication as to when such draws will resume.

The only thing you can do is make sure your profile is ready and that your language tests results are valid (if you just got it, you would be fine, but should they expire in 3 to 4 months, I would schedule a new test).

Reactions: moin205

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for responding.
No draws due to Covid. Focus is on CEC so those in Canada. May not be an FSW draw this year. If expiring, you will need a new updated profile. There is nothing for IRCC to do. Assume your CRS score is high so expecting ITA.

Reactions: moin205

moin205

Jan 12, 2021
The reason is called COVID-19 which lead Canada to change its immigration policy and focus on giving a pathway to Permanent Residency to people that were already in Canada. This means that ITAs were put on hold for EE-FSW draws and even though the borders are now opened, there is still no indication as to when such draws will resume.

The only thing you can do is make sure your profile is ready and that your language tests results are valid (if you just got it, you would be fine, but should they expire in 3 to 4 months, I would schedule a new test).
No draws due to Covid. Focus is on CEC so those in Canada. May not be an FSW draw this year. If expiring, you will need a new updated profile. There is nothing for IRCC to do. Assume your CRS score is high so expecting ITA.
Thanks all for responding.
My current situation is as follows:
I submitted my EE profile in January 2021, currently at 403 points waiting to get ITA. If I apply for a PNP program now, e.g. OINP, and I get nominated by a province, will my chances of getting ITA increase even though I'm applying from overseas (I'm currently residing in Australia)?
Please advise
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks all for responding.
My current situation is as follows:
I submitted my EE profile in January 2021, currently at 403 points waiting to get ITA. If I apply for a PNP program now, e.g. OINP, and I get nominated by a province, will my chances of getting ITA increase even though I'm applying from overseas (I'm currently residing in Australia)?
Please advise
Thanks
You can apply to PNPs. For OINP your score is too low. What is your NOC?

moin205

Jan 12, 2021
T

Thanks. With my CRS score, is it possible to apply for PNP in any other province(s) with higher chance of getting ITA?
Also, just following up - assuming that I do get a nomination from any other province, does that mean that I’ll receive ITA even though I’m overseas? Note that my current EE profile expires in January 2022. Or would you suggest I submit my PNP after my current EE expires and I submit a new EE?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also, just following up - assuming that I do get a nomination from any other province, does that mean that I’ll receive ITA even though I’m overseas? Note that my current EE profile expires in January 2022. Or would you suggest I submit my PNP after my current EE expires and I submit a new EE?
It depends if you are applying through an EE or non-EE stream of the PNP program. It sounds like you may need to do more research to understand the programs and your potential options.

Many of these programs do require a job offer in Canada or for that person to be working in Canada or a higher IELTS score (like Ontario). Any chances to increase your score to around 460?

moin205

Jan 12, 2021
It depends if you are applying through an EE or non-EE stream of the PNP program. It sounds like you may need to do more research to understand the programs and your potential options.

Many of these programs do require a job offer in Canada or for that person to be working in Canada or a higher IELTS score (like Ontario). Any chances to increase your score to around 460?
Thanks. I’m interested in the EE stream. IELTS score isn’t an issue, I’ve maxed out in that area. Realistically, I can’t get the score up to 460 as I’ve not studied or worked in Canada before. I’ve recently completed 2 years of full time work experience in my field, would that add anything to my score?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. I’m interested in the EE stream. IELTS score isn’t an issue, I’ve maxed out in that area. Realistically, I can’t get the score up to 460 as I’ve not studied or worked in Canada before. I’ve recently completed 2 years of full time work experience in my field, would that add anything to my score?
I can't answer that question based on the info you've provided.

Do you have the right number of years of foreign work experience in your EE profile now?