+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA accept/decline process - urgent help needed

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
I got iTA on April 5th, now collecting documents (PCC, medical etc), one of my friend confused me by saying that I have to accept the invitation or it will be auto declined. But I see no button for accept, I see one button for 'decline' an done button for 'complete application', my understanding was that I do not need to do anything other than completing the application and attaching docs and I can well do that even on the 89th Day and still be good. I have been logging into the CIC, just collecting documents, did I do something wrong? is there some other process than what I understand it to be? . Again. my plan is to do nothing for now, just start the application when I have docs with me and my understanding is - i can even do that on 89th day and keep the application as it is till 89th day, without losing ITA. Plz advise urgently, thanks a lot.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
prakash419 said:
I got iTA on April 5th, now collecting documents (PCC, medical etc), one of my friend confused me by saying that I have to accept the invitation or it will be auto declined. But I see no button for accept, I see one button for 'decline' an done button for 'complete application', my understanding was that I do not need to do anything other than completing the application and attaching docs and I can well do that even on the 89th Day and still be good. I have been logging into the CIC, just collecting documents, did I do something wrong? is there some other process than what I understand it to be? . Again. my plan is to do nothing for now, just start the application when I have docs with me and my understanding is - i can even do that on 89th day and keep the application as it is till 89th day, without losing ITA. Plz advise urgently, thanks a lot.
your understanding is correct, there is no special button Accept the ITA. But I do recommend you to start filling in the eAPR form, as after you are done filling in your information you will see your personal checklist that will guide you which documents you need to collect.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Lailina said:
your understanding is correct, there is no special button Accept the ITA. But I do recommend you to start filling in the eAPR form, as after you are done filling in your information you will see your personal checklist that will guide you which documents you need to collect.
Thank a lot for the quick help, much appreciated. Thanks for the advice, yes I will do the filling work so that I can see the checklist. Once more question I have, if you can guide me - I am getting my medical report done next week, but my PCC etc. may not be available for another 3 months, so the question is - Is there any validity period or expiry date for the medical? does it need to be within a certain duration of submitting application? thanks.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
prakash419 said:
Thank a lot for the quick help, much appreciated. Thanks for the advice, yes I will do the filling work so that I can see the checklist. Once more question I have, if you can guide me - I am getting my medical report done next week, but my PCC etc. may not be available for another 3 months, so the question is - Is there any validity period or expiry date for the medical? does it need to be within a certain duration of submitting application? thanks.
better to do your medical last, do it just before submitting the eAPR, as it is valid for 1 year only and you will have to land in Canada before it expires

vibhu1989

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakash419 said:
Get your medical close to the date of submission as much as possible. The validity period for medical is 1 year and if you dont land before it expires you would have to undergo medical again. Hope that helps.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
vibhu1989 said:
Get your medical close to the date of submission as much as possible. The validity period for medical is 1 year and if you dont land before it expires you would have to undergo medical again. Hope that helps.
Thanks Vibhu, yes it does help.

pchadha74

Apr 21, 2017
One more query on the subject:

1. I also received my ITA on 19th April and have 90 days to submit the application.

2. My IELTS test was held on 30 May 2015, and is valid till 30 May 2017.

3. In this case, if I submit my application and all required documents before 30 May, is there an issue. My doubt is, if the processing at their end goes beyond 30 May, will I become ineligible?

4. What is the approximate time it takes between our submitting the relevant docs and their Accepting/Rejecting it? A rough guesstime would suffice.

Thanks a lot for the time, you people are providing excellent window to resolve all the queries one might have reg Canadian immigration

Thanks

Puneet

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
pchadha74 said:
One more query on the subject:

1. I also received my ITA on 19th April and have 90 days to submit the application.

2. My IELTS test was held on 30 May 2015, and is valid till 30 May 2017.

3. In this case, if I submit my application and all required documents before 30 May, is there an issue. My doubt is, if the processing at their end goes beyond 30 May, will I become ineligible?

4. What is the approximate time it takes between our submitting the relevant docs and their Accepting/Rejecting it? A rough guesstime would suffice.

Thanks a lot for the time, you people are providing excellent window to resolve all the queries one might have reg Canadian immigration

Thanks

Puneet
You can submit your eAPR be before your IELTS results expire and you will be good.

The processing time is between 3-6 months.

pchadha74

Apr 21, 2017
Thanks a ton Maverick28 for a quick response.

One last query: We have shifted our residence recently. So the passport which we had quoted in our Express Entry application still carries our previous address. So, do we now get a new passport issued with the updated address, or can attach some other valid address proof (Aadhar Card) which denotes our new address.

Thanks again

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
pchadha74 said:
Thanks a ton Maverick28 for a quick response.

One last query: We have shifted our residence recently. So the passport which we had quoted in our Express Entry application still carries our previous address. So, do we now get a new passport issued with the updated address, or can attach some other valid address proof (Aadhar Card) which denotes our new address.

Thanks again
They don't need any address proof. As long as you mention all your addresses in the Address History section (post-ITA form), you are good.

nislava

Oct 18, 2012
Hi

Its been long time. How are you? I have a doubt to clear with you, i am not sure whether you can clear my doubts at the moment. I am frustrated.

My hubby received his ITA when Express Entry draw was 441. Our total score is 443. and as dependent I contibuted 16 points with the below score

Overall band 6.5....L: 6.5 Reading: 7.0, Writing: 6.0, Speaking: 7.

After we received our ITA with the above score , I came to know my IELTS is going to expire by April 18, 2017. So I wrote my exam again last week and I received my results today L: 7, R: 6, W:6.5; S: 6.5 and over all band : 6.5

But with this score, I am able to contribute only 12 points, in which total score will be: 438 where we will not fall under the cut off 441.

I have only 63 days to submit my profile.

What can I do at the moment?

1) Whether I can decline the existing ITA and create the new Express entry profile? But when I decline and create new profile ,our score will be 438. Do I hav chances that I will receive my ITA again?

2) Otherwise can I attempt IELTS one more time.

3) Any other suggestions?

Kindly input your suggestions.

Regards
Nislava