+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

issuing new job offer while in work

Karim Saleh

Jul 12, 2016
Dear Friends,

I got a temp. job offer of 3 years. this will grant me a temp. work permit. i did not get a permanent job offer to support my EE profile because the employer is new and did not spend 1 year in the market yet. my question is, if i accepted the job and spent one year under this temp. job. after this one year, the employer will be eligible to support my Federal skilled workers immigration program with a job offer. so, can the employer issue me (after one year of my work and i still working for them) a new Permanent job offer to support my EE profile? is this applicable?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So which NOC applies to your job offer ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp You talk about a job but do not say what the job is or the relevant code.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Karim Saleh said:
Dear Friends,

I got a temp. job offer of 3 years. this will grant me a temp. work permit. i did not get a permanent job offer to support my EE profile because the employer is new and did not spend 1 year in the market yet. my question is, if i accepted the job and spent one year under this temp. job. after this one year, the employer will be eligible to support my Federal skilled workers immigration program with a job offer. so, can the employer issue me (after one year of my work and i still working for them) a new Permanent job offer to support my EE profile? is this applicable?
1. IF, that is the big question, you get an approved LMIA as a temporary worker, then your employer doesn't have to apply for a permanent LMIA, as the holder of a LMIA, you could apply under EE and get the 600 points for the LMIA.

Rkahlon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. IF, that is the big question, you get an approved LMIA as a temporary worker, then your employer doesn't have to apply for a permanent LMIA, as the holder of a LMIA, you could apply under EE and get the 600 points for the LMIA.
Is lmia fr permanent job is permanent... I cudnt understand what is permanent lmia....kindly explain plz

Karim Saleh

Jul 12, 2016
the issue is that my employer cannot issue me an permanent job offer now because they are just 4 months in the market (they need to be at least 12 months). so i asked after one year can they issue me a permanent one? that why i asked.

thank you anyway.

in fact, i do not know if the permanent job lead to permanent LMIA

andreprpls

Oct 9, 2016
Karim Saleh said:
the issue is that my employer cannot issue me an permanent job offer now because they are just 4 months in the market (they need to be at least 12 months). so i asked after one year can they issue me a permanent one? that why i asked.

thank you anyway.

in fact, i do not know if the permanent job lead to permanent LMIA
Hi Karim,

Did you ever get an answer on this one?

THanks