+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with documents

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
Good day! I'm ukrainian, working here around 1.5 year, wishing to apply for PR throught PNP program. One of the documents I need (as lawyer told me) is "Employer Information Form", which is supposed to be filled by my employer, but he doesn't will, as he says, "he can't guarantee the sponsorship/full-time everytime(working in hotel)". But I'm not getting those issues related to my shift. Or he says "he waits for decision/he'll let me know if he got updates"... To be short - excuse on excuse, as I heard, that he didn't provide that document for others, who asked before, as well. He even suggested me to change my job.

So I'm not sure how to convince him to provide me that document, as it sounds incorrect to follow his suggestion, cause he is supposed to fill that form.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day! I'm ukrainian, working here around 1.5 year, wishing to apply for PR throught PNP program. One of the documents I need (as lawyer told me) is "Employer Information Form", which is supposed to be filled by my employer, but he doesn't will, as he says, "he can't guarantee the sponsorship/full-time everytime(working in hotel)". But I'm not getting those issues related to my shift. Or he says "he waits for decision/he'll let me know if he got updates"... To be short - excuse on excuse, as I heard, that he didn't provide that document for others, who asked before, as well. He even suggested me to change my job.

So I'm not sure how to convince him to provide me that document, as it sounds incorrect to follow his suggestion, cause he is supposed to fill that form.
Employers have no obligation to fill out the Employer Form to support your nomination. Many employers do not and it is very common. Is this a chain hotel. If so the HR department of the hotel must sign off. Again they don’t have to and can say no. If an issue, you quit and find an employer willing to support your nomination.

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
Employers have no obligation to fill out the Employer Form to support your nomination. Many employers do not and it is very common. Is this a chain hotel. If so the HR department of the hotel must sign off. Again they don’t have to and can say no. If an issue, you quit and find an employer willing to support your nomination.
I think it is chain hotel, and as I know, that one, whom I'm calling employer, including in HR, but I'll get more details about that. And if I quit and go to another hotel, the situation will become worse atleast with shifts, as I won't get full-time, and also "where is guarantee that they won't say the same in the end", right?
My employer was guaranteeing us those documents as well, but what we got? Nothing, unfortunately...
That's why I'm a bit afraid to look for another job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think it is chain hotel, and as I know, that one, whom I'm calling employer, including in HR, but I'll get more details about that. And if I quit and go to another hotel, the situation will become worse atleast with shifts, as I won't get full-time, and also "where is guarantee that they won't say the same in the end", right?
My employer was guaranteeing us those documents as well, but what we got? Nothing, unfortunately...
That's why I'm a bit afraid to look for another job.
Employers are under no obligation to support nominations. So a) you either apply through other PR programs that don’t require a job offer and increase score if necessary or b) find an employer who will support nomination. Most chain hotels, banks, big accounting firms etc. will not fill out or sign forms.

Reactions: Mariia25

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
Employers are under no obligation to support nominations. So a) you either apply through other PR programs that don’t require a job offer and increase score if necessary or b) find an employer who will support nomination. Most chain hotels, banks, big accounting firms etc. will not fill out or sign forms.
Unfortunately I can apply only through PNP, even Express Entry isn't available for me due to my vacancy.. By the way I understood your point, that was very useful. Thanks, and have a good night!