+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with English Language Levels

C

cango

Please advise me on the below issue i have.

I have been requested to take the IELTS exam at the time i received my AOR. In the application form, i had mentioned for each component (Listen, Read, Write, Speak) as high level of proficiency. I was unaware of the criticality of marking as high levels. Also i know that the minimum score for canada immigration required is 67.

I have taken the exam and have got the following scores:
Listening - 6.5
Reading - 5
Writing - 7
Speaking-8.5

I have read that 7.0 and 9.0 - High Level (4 points), 5.0 to 6.9 - gives 2 points.

This gives me 67 points which is good as per the minimum requirement benchmark. But it does not matches to the levels that i had originally claimed.

If i am submitting my current test scores, what could be adverse effects on my application. Will it get rejected? Can someone please advise me if i can go ahead and submit my application with these scores or i should retake and try to get more scores.

Please let me know on this issue. TIA!

CGD

May 30, 2008
Hey, with a score of 67 you are on the borderline. When you submit your application you should be VERY SURE that you will meet the pass mark otherwise you may lose the money you paid as processing fees. I was assessed with a score of 75 before I submitted my application.
Best of luck