+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is WES mandatory?

NJV

Aug 9, 2016
I have 2 one year PG diplomas in Canada and I did bachelor’s in Mechanical engineering back in India. I haven’t done WES for my bachelors degree because I thought I only needed to apply with my highest educational qualification (which are the PG diplomas I have done in Canada)to get PR. So is it going to affect my points? Or do I need to do WES for my bachelors from India?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If want to apply for Express Entry and count "two or more degrees/diplomas" then you need an ECA for engineering degree. If you only need to count a diploma then you don't need an ECA.

NJV

Aug 9, 2016
Thank you. But I have 2 diplomas in Canada as I have mentioned. Won’t it count towards the two or more degrees/diplomas?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. But I have 2 diplomas in Canada as I have mentioned. Won’t it count towards the two or more degrees/diplomas?
You can count two diplomas or degrees if one is at least 3 years. Is one of your Canadian programs at least 3 years. If so you don't need ECA for your engineering degree.

NJV

Aug 9, 2016
No they are both one years. Do you know what difference it would make in points without the ECA for bachelors degree?