+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this the fake email address? delhiimigration@international.gc.ca

VHS19

Mar 25, 2019
HI,
i received the email for my inquiry on visitor visa status. I was inquiring on behalf of my sister and nephews visitor visa applied in February 26th,2019. they received the passports without visa foliage but a note saying that a decision will be emailed to you but been a month and no email.
so i did the status check and did the inquiry on Bangalore immigration office, but my nephew recieved email from above email address.
when we check on the email address on websites of CIC , its DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and not the above..
the content is like this.

do you think its fake?
From: DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca <DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca>
To: r*****************88888
Sent: Monday, 1 April, 2019, 7:42:48 am GMT-7
Subject: RE: Re: Visitor Visa information not received for Tracking ID 2************** - CONFIRMATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your application to the Immigration section of the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.

In order to get the decision on your application, we hereby request you to kindly forward us the copy of your passport.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada PO Box 5209

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri

New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca

www.cic.gc.ca

www.vfsglobal.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, this is genuine. They are asking you to send a copy of the passport to the Canadian High Commission (Canadian Embassy). That's the real address for it.

innovator12

Jul 25, 2019
hello copy of the passport means physical passport you need to send to embassy or they are asking for to email anything?

I am asking this because my paper application was showing as refused when i linked online. There was not any rejection reason and i also got my passport back without any letter of rejection. After when i enquired with the embassy, i received same email today asking to send me copy of the passport..can u say me what does that mean? @21Goose @Bs65 ...urgent help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
hello copy of the passport means physical passport you need to send to embassy or they are asking for to email anything?

I am asking this because my paper application was showing as refused when i linked online. There was not any rejection reason and i also got my passport back without any letter of rejection. After when i enquired with the embassy, i received same email today asking to send me copy of the passport..can u say me what does that mean? @21Goose @Bs65 ...urgent help would be much appreciated.
What does the email say? Paste it in here (remove any personal info)

innovator12

Jul 25, 2019
@21Goose ...The email goes like this.......

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your application to the Immigration section of the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.

In order to get the decision on your application, we hereby request you to kindly forward us the copy of your passport.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada PO Box 5209

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri

New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca

www.cic.gc.ca

www.vfsglobal.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi

And one more twist is that after 8 minutes of that i got refusal letter in company's email id which i provided for the application.

So what is should do now...? on the email i inquired they say to forward passport copy and in another i got refusal letter....:(

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, that's a refusal. The email is asking for a copy of the passport (a photocopy), so that they can look it up in their system and give you more information. You can send the copy, but the answer will be the same. You need to reapply.

innovator12

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah, that's a refusal. The email is asking for a copy of the passport (a photocopy), so that they can look it up in their system and give you more information. You can send the copy, but the answer will be the same. You need to reapply.
:(.....Thanks a tonn sir for your help sir...somewhere i was feeling that i still have marginal chance .....again appreciate for your quick response....you cleared my vision.

one more thing...they are asking for photocopy via email right??