+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone on spouse open work permit able to enter Canada during the travel ban?

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Are you from the Philippines ma’am? Did you try to email IRCC regarding the letter? Did you find any job before going for a trip?
Yup I am from the Philippines, I emailed the embassy of Canada in the Philippines, but got the same response as NON-ESSENTIAL. Haven't found a job before going for the trip since I thought I could look for a job once I land there, since I am a dependent of my husband on closed work permit. I also emailed IRCC but still waiting for their response.

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Do you have a facebook account ma’am? Would it be fine if I ask it? Can we chat privately if it’s fine with you. thank you

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yup I am from the Philippines, I emailed the embassy of Canada in the Philippines, but got the same response as NON-ESSENTIAL. Haven't found a job before going for the trip since I thought I could look for a job once I land there, since I am a dependent of my husband on closed work permit. I also emailed IRCC but still waiting for their response.
All Nippon Airways was your airline for your flight from the Philippines to Japan I presume? Am I right ma’am? When did you email embassy of canada in the phils? What details did you provide ma’am? Did you request for an authorization letter?

GabiJohnson

Apr 27, 2020
FW are included on the travel exemption, maybe some airlines are just strict or it got strict now. Coz I just landed and able to get my work permit at the border that day.

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
FW are included on the travel exemption, maybe some airlines are just strict or it got strict now. Coz I just landed and able to get my work permit at the border that day.
I have a trv and my husband is pr in canada. Will I be able to travel ? Do I need to prove my travel is essential?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a trv and my husband is pr in canada. Will I be able to travel ? Do I need to prove my travel is essential?
You'll need to show your travel is essential.

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
hi that's also my concern/question... apparently if we have no work as open work permit I don't think CBSA will find it essential but verifying this
I dont know what should I do..I was working in canada upto jan. Then I came to india and got stuck here. Husband is in canada. But the issue is that I was working through employment agency. I dont have employment offer letter as I was not directly hired by the company

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I dont know what should I do..I was working in canada upto jan. Then I came to india and got stuck here. Husband is in canada. But the issue is that I was working through employment agency. I dont have employment offer letter as I was not directly hired by the company
if you have active employment in Canada then you can request from your employment agency as proof.