+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any consequences if I missed the onip invitation or rejected the invitation.

Jun 22, 2024
So i have a friend who is working right now on a full time permanent job and have applied for onip with the job letter. What happens if my friend after getting invited, rejected the invitation ( if the job got laied off after the invitation was recieved) or missed, will there be any consequences like not able to apply for onip again for a certain time or can my friend be able to file in another application or is there any wait time or anything else.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So i have a friend who is working right now on a full time permanent job and have applied for onip with the job letter. What happens if my friend after getting invited, rejected the invitation ( if the job got laied off after the invitation was recieved) or missed, will there be any consequences like not able to apply for onip again for a certain time or can my friend be able to file in another application or is there any wait time or anything else.

This is express entry part of the forum, ask under PNP to get the right help.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
An employer signing the forms in the OINP Employer Job Offer schemes (Foreign Worker or or International Student or In-Demand Skills) they are legally liable to retain the employee for 2 obligatory years right?

If you are referring to the 50 points for job offer letters in a regular EE then it is not the case that is not obligatory. Traditionally both IRCC and Ontario are quite sympathetic, however many applicants have abused the system and hence the scrutiny might be more now. Please research well.

1) If the OINP applicant loses the job while PNP sponsorship is still being processed by Ontario, the applicant has to inform OINP and they will cancel the OINP application and refund the fees. The applicant can find a new job/LMIA and request wait for new EOI.

2) After OINP sponsorship is received, if the applicant loses the job then they have to inform Ontario or the province. They usually give a notice period for the applicant to find a new job in the province
- If the applicant finds a new job within the grace period Ontario will retain the sponsorship and the PNP-based PR application can continue
- If the applicant cannot find a new job within the grace period in the province=. Then the province will withdraw the sponsorship and the PNP-based PR application with IRCC cannot proceed (if applied, will be rejected by IRCC unless the applicant has an eligible CRS score without the 600 PNP points, if not applied the applicant will lose the PNP points and will have to wait for a CEC or FSW ITA.

As said others please research in the PNP section of the forum for more details

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
No consequences.